1x mandarin goby
1x blue tang
1x yellow tang
1x blue reef chromis
1x flame angelfish
1x firefish
1x midas blenny
1x yellow coris wrasse

can I add a stingray? maybe a cortez stingray?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 250 gallon fowlr with

4x lyretail anthias
2x clownfish
1x royal gramma
1x orchid dottyback
1x mandarin goby
1x blue tang
1x yellow tang
1x blue reef chromis
1x flame angelfish
1x firefish
1x midas blenny
1x yellow coris wrasse

can I add a stingray? maybe a cortez stingray?
No is the simple answer to that, the fish you have are both aggressive and small. The tank IMHO sounds completely stocked already and any ray will eat heavy amounts of food - Dead inverts and fish, so keeping things from spiking is hard and the tangs are VERY susceptible to ich/velvet which can be caused by spikes which makes stress. For these days you’d need little to no rock (Their fins could get torn on too much rockwork) and they burry themselves in sand so Atleast 4-5” of sand es is needed. They need just enough rockwork to provide plenty of room to burry their 16” body (Tip of the disc-Tail tip) in the sand and to hide in when water changes happen (Assuming you have a pipe or something in the DT when doing this). They also need just enough rockwork to supply spaces for hunting - Eat crustaceans (It doesn’t matter how big they are, rays will take them down, and you can’t get a shrimp that’s like 8” or so in the hobby). These will pin fish against the glass if they’re small enough to be looked at as a snack then eat it alive if it hasn’t already suffocated by then.

I’m no expert, I just used to be into the rays and always studies them as a 6 year old.

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back