Stocked up!

Mavsaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, so I finally (almost) finished stocking my tank! Very very happy everyone is getting along - I currently have:

- 2 clowns
- 3 banggai cardinals
- 1 royal gramma
- 1 Midas Blenny
- 1 fireshrimp
- few snails and hermit crab as CUC

I want to get one more fish - just for a pop of blue - I am thinking a blue chromis. I know they are usually in groups but heard most kill each other off until a few or single one is left. Let me know your thoughts/experience on a blue chromis! Appreciate any other blue fish recommendation as well! (Thought of damsel but wary of their aggressive behavior).

46A53DE2-C86E-4FAC-BD39-0FFC67CCDF42.jpeg

EgotisticObeseChihuahua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 6 Blue/Green Chromis couple months ago and had them in qt they were fine the first 14 days but aggression was going on between the size difference. They ended up killing the smallest of the bunch but they are doing fine right now. I don't see much aggression from them besides the occasional dominance battle. At my LFS I attained these guys from different tanks, so that could be the problem because I got the 5 bigger ones from a separate tank then I got the smaller one. Overall I think they make a great addition to any peaceful tank, but from my personal experience I would look for a LFS with them and observe them, and see if they get along in the tank before purchasing.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks great and congrats! suggestion looking at the scape, a little more rock in the sand with some places for the gramma on Bennie to hide.

tank is new, and might want to wait for things to settle, then think about a grazing blenny - also cannot see if there is a lid and a friend lost two Midas bennies as jumpers..

bestest of luck

OP
OP
Mavsaltwater

Mavsaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks great and congrats! suggestion looking at the scape, a little more rock in the sand with some places for the gramma on Bennie to hide.

tank is new, and might want to wait for things to settle, then think about a grazing blenny - also cannot see if there is a lid and a friend lost two Midas bennies as jumpers..

bestest of luck
My gramma loves his little cave on the other side of the tank. Sorry the photo only included it one half of the tank because they were all chilling there lol! Gramma shares this with the fireshrimp who stays towards the back (there is also a passageway where the gramma sleeps when she isnt out and about!). And the tank has a lid! Blenny likes to sleep vertically towards the side/top of the tank so I make sure he cant jump out!!

Attachments

• 6A5A2193-C6FD-4C2D-96D2-9A9242C42FF3.jpeg
    6A5A2193-C6FD-4C2D-96D2-9A9242C42FF3.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 29
  • D64DB2AF-D49F-444B-BC86-E4C17342F0CF.jpeg
    D64DB2AF-D49F-444B-BC86-E4C17342F0CF.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 32

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gramma loves his little cave on the other side of the tank. Sorry the photo only included it one half of the tank because they were all chilling there lol! Gramma shares this with the fireshrimp who stays towards the back (there is also a passageway where the gramma sleeps when she isnt out and about!). And the tank has a lid! Blenny likes to sleep vertically towards the side/top of the tank so I make sure he cant jump out!!
thanks and I think grammas are a great early addition to tanks. They are confident but not overly aggressive - and seem to chill the tank out - I have a blackcap basslet in with a gramma in a 180 and they respect each other without causing trouble - and they both keep the splendid dotty back in his place.
talked to a guy who collects in the keys and he said you can pull a sub adult off a pier on a Monday, and on Wednesday there is another in its place, so I have a sense that they are in good shape in the wild.

Good on the lid, loosing a fish out the top is the worst way to loose one.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back