Stocking Ideas 75

TwistyTale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am upgrading from a 40 breeder to a 75 and hope to go even bigger in the future (Once my wife stops looking at me in panic when I drool over the monster tanks) and I was wondering what I might be able to add with my current crew.

Currently I have
1 Maroon Clown Male
1 Thunder Maroon Female
1 Dottyback
1 Damsel

Any ideas to add? I have done some research but I would love more ideas! I want to add corals so should be moderately reef safe.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am upgrading from a 40 breeder to a 75 and hope to go even bigger in the future (Once my wife stops looking at me in panic when I drool over the monster tanks) and I was wondering what I might be able to add with my current crew.

Currently I have
1 Maroon Clown Male
1 Thunder Maroon Female
1 Dottyback
1 Damsel

Any ideas to add? I have done some research but I would love more ideas! I want to add corals so should be moderately reef safe.
What do YOU like?

I think you and your family's preferences are most important. Live Aquaria has section on reef safe fish, which is a helpful research method.

Personally, feel everyone needs Flame Angel ... fire/dartfish are family favorites, if you have some little rock work openings they can hide if threatened...

Wyvern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm totally new to reefs, but my first fish is a Midas blenny I've named Homer, I love this little guy!

Flasher wrasse are also very fun to watch, and I have a little molly Miller that is cute and always nibbles on leftovers and film algea on rocks- supposedly good aptasia eaters too.

OP
OP
TwistyTale

TwistyTale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do YOU like?

I think you and your family's preferences are most important. Live Aquaria has section on reef safe fish, which is a helpful research method.

Personally, feel everyone needs Flame Angel ... fire/dartfish are family favorites, if you have some little rock work openings they can hide if threatened...
The problem is I am not really experienced enough to know what would thrive together. I love a TON of different fish but I know my current tank is full of brats, I don't want to stress anyone out or get anyone killed because I thought the wrong fish was pretty. I LOVE fire fish but I heard they were jumpers?

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Maroons I’d be worried about even in a 75. I’d add a pair of Centropyge or maybe a harem of the smaller species like the Flamebacks, depending on how much you love your CUC, I’d be tempted to get a pair of Flame Hawks or Longnose Hawks. The smallest Tangs could be fine in a 75, like a Tomini, Squaretail, White Tail etc. However I’d be much more inclined to get a pair or trio of dwarf angels. A smaller butterfly would be fine too but they generally don’t stick up for themselves really well.

Halichoeres wrasses, Fairy, Flasher, Leopard (more difficult) wrasses. Borbonius or Sunburst Anthias.

OP
OP
TwistyTale

TwistyTale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Maroons I’d be worried about even in a 75. I’d add a pair of Centropyge or maybe a harem of the smaller species like the Flamebacks, depending on how much you love your CUC, I’d be tempted to get a pair of Flame Hawks or Longnose Hawks. The smallest Tangs could be fine in a 75, like a Tomini, Squaretail, White Tail etc. However I’d be much more inclined to get a pair or trio of dwarf angels. A smaller butterfly would be fine too but they generally don’t stick up for themselves really well.

Halichoeres wrasses, Fairy, Flasher, Leopard (more difficult) wrasses. Borbonius or Sunburst Anthias.
I'm really enjoying reading about the Hawks but my cuc does a really good job and I have a sand sifter I adore. The white tail tang looks so pretty. Gah so many cool options. I just need a 500 gal for everything lol I love the colors of everything.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back