Stocking List for 34g

QuitterJr

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2022
Messages
32
Reaction score
34
Location
Washington, D.C.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am finishing up my cycle for a 34g display tank with a 9g sump for a mixed reef with a section of sand at 4" and a cover. Can anyone let me know if the following stocking list would work and, if so, what order of introduction I should follow?

1. pearly jawfish
2. green clown goby
3. leopard toby puffer
4. radial filefish

I would likely focus on softies with some LPS in case there are nipping issues with the puffer or filefish. I am somewhat concerned about aggression between the puffer and filefish based on similar shapes, but there may not be an issue.

Thanks!
 
you'll be fine with all except the puffer. need a bigger tank as they can get up to 6 inches. the filefish COULD possibly go after corals, so that you need to take into consideration as well.

edit: i highly recommend a court jester goby for any sized tank. looks nice, peaceful, and eats algae (short hair), sifts through sand eating algae, and has also been reported to eat cyano!
 
Thank you! I thought the leopard toby stayed on the smaller side, but that is good to know. I have periodically seen a court jester goby at my local fish store so that is also a great tip.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new