Stocking List for 34g

QuitterJr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am finishing up my cycle for a 34g display tank with a 9g sump for a mixed reef with a section of sand at 4" and a cover. Can anyone let me know if the following stocking list would work and, if so, what order of introduction I should follow?

1. pearly jawfish
2. green clown goby
3. leopard toby puffer
4. radial filefish

I would likely focus on softies with some LPS in case there are nipping issues with the puffer or filefish. I am somewhat concerned about aggression between the puffer and filefish based on similar shapes, but there may not be an issue.

Thanks!

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
you'll be fine with all except the puffer. need a bigger tank as they can get up to 6 inches. the filefish COULD possibly go after corals, so that you need to take into consideration as well.

edit: i highly recommend a court jester goby for any sized tank. looks nice, peaceful, and eats algae (short hair), sifts through sand eating algae, and has also been reported to eat cyano!

OP
OP
Q

QuitterJr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I thought the leopard toby stayed on the smaller side, but that is good to know. I have periodically seen a court jester goby at my local fish store so that is also a great tip.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back