Stocking Suggestions for 15 gallon?

SilkySifaka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, I’ve started up a 15 gallon AIO and I’m trying to decide on final fish stocking. So far all I have in there is my tailspot blenny (my ride or die). I’d like to put two more peaceful fish in with him and then ultimately a shrimp probably. The tank will be mostly softies and lps.

Contenders:
Royal Gramma
Clownfish
Banggai Cardinal
Possum Wrasse
Firefish

I’m quite religious on water changes so I’m confident I can handle the bio load of 3 fish, but I would like the fish to be happy given the space. I’m also hoping to have a fish that’s more visible in the water column (my wife complains my blenny loves to hide when she gets close to the tank).

What do y’all think? TIA

smoliters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything in your list is compatible, i would personally go with the Clown and possum wrasse. Two very distinct personalities and not as likely to hide when your wife stops by. :)

OP
OP
S

SilkySifaka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to bump this thread. I currently have one juvenile clown and the tailspot blenny. They get along fantastic. I tried to add a royal gramma but the tailspot wouldn’t let him relax and continually chased him around. Never saw any actual fin nipping but the gramma was definitely stressed so I took him back to the lfs. Im considering the possum wrasse, but I heard they’re docile and I’m worried the tailspot might bully them too.

Any recommendations for the third fish, and potentially one that can hold its own against a grumpy tailspot?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back