Stocking..

Amantijt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm trying to figure out if I should stop with wanting to getting new fish and stay where I am currently at in my 80 gal shallow mixed reef tank. I want a one spot foxface...I know they typically will eat or pick on LPS and SPS if not well fed. I don't want to over crowd my tank with many little fish, just want a few nicer larger fish with out running into any issues.

current stock: 2 Clowns
1 Two Spot Bristletooth Tang
1 Royal Gramma
1 algae blenny
1 diamond sifter

I want more movement in the tank from fish, it seems so bare because I like the minimalist look so I have ample room for swimming fish and coral growth. There isn't a huge amount of rock about 70lbs with maybe 90ish lbs for sand bed. With the fish I have in it currently they are all fairly small fish due to age or type of fish. Clowns stay to one side maybe venture out a little but not much, royal gramma hides in and out of the many holes as well as the algae blenny, tang and diamond sifter do the most moving in the tank. Advice?

OP
OP
Amantijt

Amantijt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D50F5A5B-C7EA-4753-855D-3A662F15AC85.jpeg
Picture of the tank before I fixed all corals to their homes.

Dragon174

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one of the smallest tomini tangs I have ever seen. Good looking tank!

I'm having a similar dilemma. My tank is a little bigger than yours, but I have 4 bi-color chromis and 3 green chromis, two clowns, yellow tang, flame angel and a tomini tang. I looked at getting a magnificent fox face but read the same thing you did and I have way to many LPS and a few SPS that I don't want to take a chance.

I'm looking for maybe on or two fish for my 120, but can't seem to find something that isn't just plain drab.

Hopefully other will have some input.

OP
OP
Amantijt

Amantijt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one of the smallest tomini tangs I have ever seen. Good looking tank!

I'm having a similar dilemma. My tank is a little bigger than yours, but I have 4 bi-color chromis and 3 green chromis, two clowns, yellow tang, flame angel and a tomini tang. I looked at getting a magnificent fox face but read the same thing you did and I have way to many LPS and a few SPS that I don't want to take a chance.

I'm looking for maybe on or two fish for my 120, but can't seem to find something that isn't just plain drab.

Hopefully other will have some input.
Yea my tang is a bitty baby! But you couldnt ever tell its the little bully of my tank haha ive had to chase it with a net to stop it from picking on others so much lol. I thought about getting a few chromis but i feel like its the goldfish of saltwater, it adds some color to the tank but still stay so small. I want a flame angel but also heard they are bad too at picking at stuff too! But i dont know, i constantly look online and try to look up different types of fish to see if i can manage to get at least one more fish thats more active and doesnt stay super tiny like the rest. Im kinda at a loss though lol

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back