Stocklist for a smaller tank?

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition to 1-2 of each would be fine. My Nerite typically stay on the glass, the Astrea do a good job on rock, and the Nass' sift around in the sand till food hits the tank.

I'd add them after the tank has been up awhile and you've started stocking fish.

OP
OP
Gry

Gry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition to 1-2 of each would be fine. My Nerite typically stay on the glass, the Astrea do a good job on rock, and the Nass' sift around in the sand till food hits the tank.

I'd add them after the tank has been up awhile and you've started stocking fish.

Great, then Ill add 2 of each, for a nerite sized snail I've been giving them a minimum of 10 gallons each though I was told 5 gallons pr snail would be ok. If this counts for saltwater also, I should still be on the safe side with the snail list.

I plan on spacing out all the additions over time, so that the tank can mature. I will be in no rush to add anything when the tank get set up, I want the bacteria can adjust to the new loads, and to make sure theres enough food to last for any new inhabitants. As they say, nothing good ever happens fast in tanks :)

NewbReefer3451

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helrichi fire fish are super cool. Royal gramma are pretty fun to watch but can be a bit timid. If they aren’t the largest fish in the tank and get picked on. Ultimately once you starting adding fish, the ecosystem will really determine which ones will go together well and not and will find there order. Good luck!

OP
OP
Gry

Gry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helrichi fire fish are super cool. Royal gramma are pretty fun to watch but can be a bit timid. If they aren’t the largest fish in the tank and get picked on. Ultimately once you starting adding fish, the ecosystem will really determine which ones will go together well and not and will find there order. Good luck!
That is a beautiful fish. It looks like its favorite team just threw the win in overtime.

And, yes. The tank will decide what the list will end up looking like, despite what I dream about. Ultimately if a fish doesnt work out I'll need to find a way to solve it, which usually ends up meaning another tank... Wellfare of living things in the tank is the most important thing to me

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back