Storing an Aquarium

yanni

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2021
Messages
644
Reaction score
358
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!!

So I currently have an empty Red Sea Max Nano sitting in my room with some dry rock already scaped in it. It’s currently sitting there empty only because I’m moving in with my partner in 6 months, so I figured better to wait until then to set it up!

So my question is, is the tank going to be okay sitting empty in my room? It gets only roughly 2hrs of direct sunlight, but besides that my room is generally shady and can be quite cool. I was only worried about the seals being damaged by 2hrs of sun each day? Could that be an issue for when it gets wet, and potentially be a leak risk?

Any advice is super appreciated, thank you all!

Just thought I should mention, all the equipment is boxed within my wardrobe or stand for the tank… :)
 
Hey all!!

So I currently have an empty Red Sea Max Nano sitting in my room with some dry rock already scaped in it. It’s currently sitting there empty only because I’m moving in with my partner in 6 months, so I figured better to wait until then to set it up!

So my question is, is the tank going to be okay sitting empty in my room? It gets only roughly 2hrs of direct sunlight, but besides that my room is generally shady and can be quite cool. I was only worried about the seals being damaged by 2hrs of sun each day? Could that be an issue for when it gets wet, and potentially be a leak risk?

Any advice is super appreciated, thank you all!

Just thought I should mention, all the equipment is boxed within my wardrobe or stand for the tank… :)
Absolutely yes, just not a hot area which can or May soften silicone which shouldn’t happen
 
Absolutely yes, just not a hot area which can or May soften silicone which shouldn’t happen
It’s not ridiculously hot, seems to feel much hotter in summer with a PC running though . Good to know it should be fine though!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new