Strange acan behaviour

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this acan 2 weeks ago and wver since i put it in my tank it seems the tentacles fully extended 24/7?
I wil post a pic same goes for the green lobo next to it pretty much always has its tentacles out..

97265650-4324-4758-8113-4D069F20AB40.jpeg 7F56872E-935D-440E-9B2F-8C23E738AD09.jpeg

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of mine have their tentacles out 24/7 except once a day when they expel their water and poop and then reinflate. I know they're not hungry as they eat very well and grow like mad.

Last edited:

dirtyxducks19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to follow this. I’m not sure if it’s just feeding... when I bought mine from the LFS I observed it for weeks before finally diving in. In my tank, both my frags always have their tentacles out. One more than the other. I know my lights are fairly weaker than the LFS. In the LFS they were extra ‘fat’ and didn’t have their sweepers out. I asked what they feed and I did the same. I do target feedings every 2-3 days with reef roids and sometimes some mysis. They seem to be always hungry. I think it’s a combination of lights, feeding, and water quality. I’m transferring my frags to a new upgrade tank soon that has a sump(instead of canister) with metal halides. Both filtration and lights will be significantly better. Once I do so, I’ll let you know how they react. Your not they only one experiencing this. May try and move them up the water column with simulate flow and see if the increased light helps. I’d give them Atleast a week to settle

OP
OP
chrisgold

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to follow this. I’m not sure if it’s just feeding... when I bought mine from the LFS I observed it for weeks before finally diving in. In my tank, both my frags always have their tentacles out. One more than the other. I know my lights are fairly weaker than the LFS. In the LFS they were extra ‘fat’ and didn’t have their sweepers out. I asked what they feed and I did the same. I do target feedings every 2-3 days with reef roids and sometimes some mysis. They seem to be always hungry. I think it’s a combination of lights, feeding, and water quality. I’m transferring my frags to a new upgrade tank soon that has a sump(instead of canister) with metal halides. Both filtration and lights will be significantly better. Once I do so, I’ll let you know how they react. Your not they only one experiencing this. May try and move them up the water column with simulate flow and see if the increased light helps. I’d give them Atleast a week to settle
Yeah i was thinking of doing the same but didnt want to put loads of excess nutrients in my tank just to few the few that always seem to be reaching for food

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 acans get small pieces of reef frenzy a few times per week, tried roids but wasn't careful about portion size and nutriet spikes occurred. My led lights in biocube are just okay so their not blowing up w growth but puffy

Back