Strange Clownfish Behaviour

JT-Reefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2022
Messages
6
Reaction score
8
Location
Medicine Hat
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I am a new reefer and have 2 clowns at the moment with a bicolor blennirs in a 33 gallon tank.
The clowns were getting along well until a few days ago when the smaller began swimming erratically and the larger began attacking the smaller. I was of the impression the larger was female and they were bonded but now I am not sure.
The smaller clown is also not eating at this point and I am unsure what to do.
I put the larger , more aggressive one into a cage and the smaller is still swimming strangely.
Any help would be appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • 74399417596__5ADB25E4-2C6B-4E74-AE27-5F9FB5A52EE4.MOV
    2 MB
I can’t watch the video on my phone, but they could have just been mating. The male does a weird twitching thing before they spawn. Do you have enough rock in there with good hiding places? Could be frustrated they can’t find a good spot to lay the clutch.
 
Hello,
I am a new reefer and have 2 clowns at the moment with a bicolor blennirs in a 33 gallon tank.
The clowns were getting along well until a few days ago when the smaller began swimming erratically and the larger began attacking the smaller. I was of the impression the larger was female and they were bonded but now I am not sure.
The smaller clown is also not eating at this point and I am unsure what to do.
I put the larger , more aggressive one into a cage and the smaller is still swimming strangely.
Any help would be appreciated!
Sounds like the larger is just establishing dominance.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new