Strange Tentacles From SPS

Kontraband

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I discovered what looks like tenticles coming from one of my sps corals. Has anyone seen this before or able to ID this for me?

20230814_213116.jpg

Attachments

• 20230814_213122.mp4
    36.4 MB

merkmerk73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably mucus - maybe something irritated it

Not an SPS expert but I’ve seen multiple Acro/stylo do this

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My guess too are boring worms.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My guess too are boring worms.
While that’s not out of the question if it is they’re new to that particular coral.. you will get a real funky growth pattern and it stunts the growth of Sps if it is.. I just had to toss a coral due to these and didn’t want an infestation of them. Not the best picture but you can see 2 antennae’s sticking out in a few places. Like the left side just under the top point.
IMG_0912.jpeg

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are mesenterial filaments, not worms or sweeper tentacles. It is an indication that either the coral is irritated, or that it is feeding. Did you happen to feed the tank or scrape the glass before you saw these? If it's feeding it's not a problem, if it is irritated you'll want to figure out what is bothering it.

OP
OP
Kontraband

Kontraband

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are mesenterial filaments, not worms or sweeper tentacles. It is an indication that either the coral is irritated, or that it is feeding. Did you happen to feed the tank or scrape the glass before you saw these? If it's feeding it's not a problem, if it is irritated you'll want to figure out what is bothering it.
Yes! The tank was feed right prior to this. That is exactly it. Thank you!!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back