• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

OP
OP
reddevilant

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some info on my experience with it. :D

Growth: The macro itself grows pretty quick, you should see each branch have a new pearl about every week or two. However, the holdfast that forms at the bottom end does take while, a few weeks to maybe a month and a half for me. I never glue any type of macro just because it always seems to die on me with glue. So for this algae originally tied it down with fishing line to some rock rubble and just made sure the bottom was touching where I wanted it to attach to. Once the holdfast grows in its pretty solid.

Lighting: I have two Kessil A80 Suns and a cheap LED Aqueon strip light that has blue and white lights. Overall, my lighting is a little under-powered for a 90 gal. Because of this, I have it higher in my tank that you might want to place it. The macro likes moderate light so if your tank has strong lighting I'd put it in somewhere in the bottom half of your tank.

Flow: I just have 2 HOB Seachem Tidal filters and two Hydor (1050 gph) powerheads. IME, as long as it's not being completely blasted by flow it'll be ok. But the pieces that have grown the fastest have moderate flow that is enough to make it gently sway back and forth.

OP
OP
reddevilant

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's one of the first pieces I ever sold quite a few months ago. The $20 pieces I ship out will be about an inch longer and the $30 and up pieces are twice, almost three times, as big!

1638194870583.png

pedrowilson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered 5-6" long piece of the string of pearls. Was pleasantly surprised, wonderful piece. The packaging was top shelf. Would buy from again. Great communication.

OP
OP
reddevilant

reddevilant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LAST CALL!!! With the holidays and the new year coming up, this will be the last week that I will be taking orders until January!

Orders made this week will go out next Monday, December 13th. After that, I won't post a new ad or be taking orders until Monday, January 10th.

In that time off I will be starting a new grow-out tank! So hopefully sometime in the near future I will have other macro species available as well!

AltitudeAquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want everyone to know that this seller is top notch. He communicates well. Also, the macroalgae was packaged really well. Even though USPS botched the delivery, the package survived the stress. Thank you.

Pear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was Tryna find out if I can keep these in my tank bc none of my local stores have macroalgae and neither do many places online that ship here(the ones that do price it stupidly) but there’s a lot of these at the beach and Rock pools near my place. I’m gonna take this as a yes.
Side note: squeezing them and shooting the pearls at ppl is a lot of fun so harvesting it when it grows too much will be very enjoyable

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 46.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • None.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back