Successful way to relocate a destructive fish

BillyN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Neon Velvet Damsel that I’ve had since my tank first cycled - Feb of 2017. He/she is now a bully and killed my last three additions and just caught him/her munching coral polyps yesterday. Tried netting - no chance with rock and coral in my tank. Pulling in garage tonight saw my fishing vest and light went off in my head. I got a size 22 nymph from my fly box and 24” of #6 tippet (very thin fishing line) and tied to the nymph. I pinched down the barb with hemostats (catch and release method that reduces injury to fish’s mouth on hook removal) and baited it with a brine shrimp (requires good eyesight or cheaters in my case).
I caught him within 5 seconds - no embellishment. He is now in a holding cell (my sump). I hope my LFS will take him for nothing!
71B5EF7C-CFBF-45CD-8432-046D0C2BDDDE.jpeg

Chewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you sump has a good divider I place mine in the sump or contact your local lfs see if the will take it or credit for it. Once it’s been in the sump for a week or two the tude may change my blue devils are bad. Or see if someone who loves them may want them good luck

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 119 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back