Succumbed

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my royal gramma passed today. Posted pics earlier in the week and started treating with metro and focus. Couldn’t have causing this one if I tried so I got a fish trap to get my blue hippo out but too late. My overwhelming thought is that the tang bullied or intimidated it so much that it got stress related disease but want to post pics for the opinions here because it was in my DT after a month in QT where it was fine.
The first picture is the white spot I had posted about several days ago and was not getting larger. Was hard to do a good inspection because it just farted in and out of its rock so I couldn’t get a close look but definitely didn’t have the spot in the close up until I found it laying on the substrate close to death. Unfortunately just finally being able to get him out of there was the final nail in its coffin. I just want to make sure it’s not something I need to get my other fish treated for. They all all have to get trapped and put into QT if it needs copper because of my corals and inverts.
Thanks in advance.
Nancy

2BAB9E71-B078-4FD1-81DD-9F085F0A507D.jpeg 3A08B897-040C-4889-969E-607C4B4D5A2C.jpeg 5D3CF349-A6C5-49ED-BCC1-EAAD9DAB09EB.jpeg 3D607E59-F0A8-4312-86F1-C497C64741FA.png

OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss :(
Thanks, me too. When it came out for just a few seconds Saturday it looked NOTHING like this. All fins were intact, white spot looked the same and didn’t notice the spot on the chest. Don’t know if she came out overnight and lay down on the sand bet and got picked at by shrimp or crabs before I found her or what. It is very sad because we bond with every living creature we put in there, even CUC, so it is a hard pill to swallow losing any of them. And this is the one fish my husband has wanted from the beginning but not sure how I’m going to introduce anything new into the DT if the hippo is going to intimidate every new addition.

OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, well it sucks. I’ve had terrible luck with fish, except the 4 I’ve had from the beginning. Many of them have perished in QT. I don’t understand because there is no ammonia or nitrates and I usually watch them before any medication. I “dip” them in a medication that is for fresh, marine and safe for inverts for 15 minutes then I drip acclimate and let them de-stress overnight. After that I start feeding a variety of foods (frozen mysis, high quality flake and high quality probiotic pellets). I’m checking for activity level, appetite and preferred foods. If they are active and feeding well I may just observe. Most of my fish are purchased from lfs that keep them in copper (if they aren’t sensitive to it) which is why I do a wait and see approach. Any advice would be welcomed because at this point I don’t know what to do. I’m scared to add the two pajama cardinals i currently have in QT. I don’t want to sign their death warrants!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 112 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back