Suggestions for a doser?

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering getting a dosing pump. I'm intrigued by the new Red Sea dosers the most, but I have also heard good things about the Kamoer X1 pumps. Anybody have any thoughts on these or suggestions on others? I like the Red Sea one because it is a more compact option for 4 dosers.

Currently I dose ChaetoGro and MicroBacter7 for my refugium, and Red Sea Foundation A (Alk). I dose NeoNitro on a semi frequency too, so I may start dosing that daily as well. My tank is a 25 gallon AIO

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Red Sea and love it. It really has a lot of features other dosers don’t. It’s compact and looks great. Doesn’t come with tubing though and is on the higher price point.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the X1 initial wifi setup can be tricky . Helps to have your connecting device on 2.4Ghz and not on 5Ghz. Mine doses 1.5m of all for reef per day throughout a 24hr period. So far so good.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had Versa's and Dos's. Sold them and got Kamoer's. Been much happier with them and could have saved a lot of money had I chose them to start with.
Versa can definitely dose but you can't see them away from home. Kamoer X1 is where it's at. For the price and features china is making echotech look bad. They'll get no more $$ for me until they enter the 21st century and put some WiFi on their equipment. Cuz they charge like it should be there but it ain't

Sandman12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kamoer are great... I use the X1 pros on my frag tank. I also have the Red Sea doer on my new tank but that's not wet yet so I have no feedback on those.
I would be interested to hear your opinion on the red sea vs kamoer once you get the red sea going! These are the two that I am in between.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be interested to hear your opinion on the red sea vs kamoer once you get the red sea going! These are the two that I am in between.
Results are in... I just setup and calibrated both the 4 head Reef Dose and the 2 head Reef Dose. I calibrated and tested on a gram scale. All 6 heads were bang on every single time. I tested all the heads multiple times with differing dosage amounts and there were right on the money every single time.

I will say that I think the Kamoer are quieter but I do not think they have the exact precision of the Red Sea pumps. I'll calibrate and test those the next time I do a refill on the dosing containers.

I was testing using fresh RODI water and a gram scale with 2 decimal points of resolution. During calibration it does a dosage and you input the exact amount dosed. Once done, on the next screen, it doses 4ml. Every single head came in at 4.00 on the scale. I'm impressed... great job Red Sea. Most accurate dose this reefer has tested to date.

Sandman12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Results are in... I just setup and calibrated both the 4 head Reef Dose and the 2 head Reef Dose. I calibrated and tested on a gram scale. All 6 heads were bang on every single time. I tested all the heads multiple times with differing dosage amounts and there were right on the money every single time.

I will say that I think the Kamoer are quieter but I do not think they have the exact precision of the Red Sea pumps. I'll calibrate and test those the next time I do a refill on the dosing containers.

I was testing using fresh RODI water and a gram scale with 2 decimal points of resolution. During calibration it does a dosage and you input the exact amount dosed. Once done, on the next screen, it doses 4ml. Every single head came in at 4.00 on the scale. I'm impressed... great job Red Sea. Most accurate dose this reefer has tested to date.
Thanks for the review. I’ll be purchasing the 4 head Red Sea!

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering getting a dosing pump. I'm intrigued by the new Red Sea dosers the most, but I have also heard good things about the Kamoer X1 pumps. Anybody have any thoughts on these or suggestions on others? I like the Red Sea one because it is a more compact option for 4 dosers.

Currently I dose ChaetoGro and MicroBacter7 for my refugium, and Red Sea Foundation A (Alk). I dose NeoNitro on a semi frequency too, so I may start dosing that daily as well. My tank is a 25 gallon AIO
Kamoer F4 was my choice and would recommend it to anyone

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have maybe been clear in my opinion above. I didn't mean that the Kamoer pumps weren't accurate. Quite the opposite in fact. Mine have been very accurate and seem to hold calibration well. I just don't know that they have the repeatable accuracy the Red Sea units have down to a single drop or fraction of a gram. Like I said, I'll test those as well using the same equipment and procedure. I'm actually going to be ordering another X1 head soon and will test that out of the box.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been running the X1 Pro for about 4 months and other than being a little tricky to setup, they have been flawless.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been running the X1 Pro for about 4 months and other than being a little tricky to setup, they have been flawless.
Great little pumps... I use those on my frag setup. The Coralbox next to it just doses Acropower. That's the reason for getting another X1 head soon.

IMG_3737.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back