Suggestions on algae scrapper that won’t scratch.

N11morales

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2020
Messages
815
Reaction score
234
Location
Angleton
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I been using a flipper and it always scratches the glass when I’m trying to clean hard built up algae.

Any suggestions on a different one to clean hard algae off? Also how often do y’all replace algae scrappers? This is my third flipper and all seem to scratch my glass within a month. (Taking it out after use as well)

IMG_6415.jpeg IMG_6416.jpeg
 
I’m using the Tunze care magnet and I love it.

I don’t have to clean my glass often so sometimes I have stubborn algae, especially close to the surface, so I still use the flipper manually (without the magnet) but for “everyday” I use the tunze and it’s great
 
I’m using the Tunze care magnet and I love it.

I don’t have to clean my glass often so sometimes I have stubborn algae, especially close to the surface, so I still use the flipper manually (without the magnet) but for “everyday” I use the tunze and it’s great
Which tunze do u use? I may have to try it out. Only heard good things from them. Is it a plastic scrapper? The magnets strong? Thinking about getting a stronger magnet thinking that will help.
 
BTW, there were a couple for sale here on R2R at a really good price.
 
The "algae Free" Line of scrapers work well too. Finish it off with a regular scrubber pad. the only thing it isn't great for is limescale buildup. I've got a little bit of that going on. Does anyone know how to get rid of that at the top of the glass in a safe way without upsetting the tank. Its not a terrible build up but id like to scrub it off, Im worried vinegar or lemon juice could get into the water even if I am being very careful.
 
I’m using the Tunze care magnet and I love it.

I don’t have to clean my glass often so sometimes I have stubborn algae, especially close to the surface, so I still use the flipper manually (without the magnet) but for “everyday” I use the tunze and it’s great
I have one as well and it works great.
 
Which tunze do u use? I may have to try it out. Only heard good things from them. Is it a plastic scrapper? The magnets strong? Thinking about getting a stronger magnet thinking that will help.
It’s called “tunze care magnet”
Mine has a plastic scrapper, and compare to flipper the tunze magnet is way stronger. My comparison is between the nano models of both
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new