Suggestions on algae scrapper that won’t scratch.

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I been using a flipper and it always scratches the glass when I’m trying to clean hard built up algae.

Any suggestions on a different one to clean hard algae off? Also how often do y’all replace algae scrappers? This is my third flipper and all seem to scratch my glass within a month. (Taking it out after use as well)

IMG_6415.jpeg IMG_6416.jpeg

Zoa.Mania

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the Tunze care magnet and I love it.

I don’t have to clean my glass often so sometimes I have stubborn algae, especially close to the surface, so I still use the flipper manually (without the magnet) but for “everyday” I use the tunze and it’s great

OP
OP
N11morales

N11morales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I don’t have to clean my glass often so sometimes I have stubborn algae, especially close to the surface, so I still use the flipper manually (without the magnet) but for “everyday” I use the tunze and it’s great
Which tunze do u use? I may have to try it out. Only heard good things from them. Is it a plastic scrapper? The magnets strong? Thinking about getting a stronger magnet thinking that will help.

nothing_fancy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "algae Free" Line of scrapers work well too. Finish it off with a regular scrubber pad. the only thing it isn't great for is limescale buildup. I've got a little bit of that going on. Does anyone know how to get rid of that at the top of the glass in a safe way without upsetting the tank. Its not a terrible build up but id like to scrub it off, Im worried vinegar or lemon juice could get into the water even if I am being very careful.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magic erasers.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have one as well and it works great.

Zoa.Mania

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which tunze do u use? I may have to try it out. Only heard good things from them. Is it a plastic scrapper? The magnets strong? Thinking about getting a stronger magnet thinking that will help.
It’s called “tunze care magnet”
Mine has a plastic scrapper, and compare to flipper the tunze magnet is way stronger. My comparison is between the nano models of both

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back