Suggestions on lighting for SPS dominant setup

I honestly don't know. It's hard to say without it all set up and having a PAR meter handy. Maybe someone with a similar set up can chime in. I know the PAR output of the MH's will be dependent on the the ballast used and the bulbs used. There's no escaping the "you get what you pay for" in lighting. MH's waste alot of energy on heat, I used them for many years and loved them but they are very wasteful.


yeah thats definitely true. Ill weigh my options and hopefully it goes good. Thanks for the advice brother
 
Any other input on what lights to go with for sps dominant tank
 
The fixture I have for sale. Lol, seriously a good T5 fixture retro'd it's LEDs puts you there. Since I have downgraded to a 10g with a metal halide (I know, overkill), I can really say about metal halides because it is a new area for me but so far I like it for softies and LPS.
 
I run halides with LED's, specifically, two 250W ReefBrites with 3 AI Hydra 26's. Works great, a lot of light output and looks good to my eyes. One has to like halides already, but this combo gives me everything I need for SPS.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new