sump question.

  • Thread starter Thread starter lars
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lars

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
325
Reaction score
91
Location
slidell,la
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm debating on draining my sump and removing some five year old miracle mudd type material along with about an inch and a half of ? (Waste maybe) that's built up over the years. In that section of my sump there is a small ball of cheato and a mangrove the same age of the tank. The main system is sps dominant with about 15 chalice and brain. This is the thing though. The tank is healthy with no problems. At this point the tank runs itself. My concern is that one day this collection in my sump may cause me to loose some sensitive corals due to some sort of release of phosphates or such. Also I would like a little more color in some of my corals. Of course when I test the system everything is good. Also I plan on leaving the tree and the cheato. What do you think? A few members of my local club say leave it and I'm leaning that way, but I feel like its something I should do. Also I know I was suppose to change some after q year or so but you know... so what's my pros and cons? Thanks for reading.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new