OP
PokeFish

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take them from the tank, put them in a small container of tank water, flood it with food, leave them for 10-15 minutes, then return them to the tank. This will usually get a feeding response after a few tries. Good luck.
thanks... I have tried this with pellets and poly lab poly booster, I will try with mysis and roidds

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with tripdad. I have a dendro that was in really bad shape- they can be saved! I pulled it out every night and put it in a small container with some food on the polyp. I started with really small food like reef roids and reef nutrition eggs.

part 1 - not sure if it would make it:
122DA334-3418-40BA-A185-6C518883295D.jpeg

Part 2: signs of recovery
171EC250-9F99-455C-B953-1C32F186DBD7.jpeg

and here it is months later, fully recovered:
584B2EE6-9D71-4B51-A8FD-7BB53956EA31.jpeg

Reeder87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are finicky little things. I have success with keeping them out of the light with minimal flow. I spot feed with all flow turned off a little reef roids to get their attention. Once they start poking out or opening their mouths I spot feed more roids. I have two separate pieces. One never comes out just opens their mouths. The other comes all the way out. You can broadcast feed too to grab their attention. Best time to see them is when the lights turn off. That’s when the one decides to show off. The one that never comes out is in a very low nutrient tank. The other that does come out is in a higher nutrient tank. Maybe has something to do with it?

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they can take time to adapt to a new tank and feeding schedule and require consistency to be trained to open during the day. PE calananus are pretty good at enducing a good feeding response from nps.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What foods have you tried? Ive always had a good response from lobster/fish eggs when it comes to enticeing out to feed.

I dont imagine pellets will generate much of a response to coasting a coral to feed to begin with.

OP
OP
PokeFish

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What foods have you tried? Ive always had a good response from lobster/fish eggs when it comes to enticeing out to feed.

I dont imagine pellets will generate much of a response to coasting a coral to feed to begin with.
i tried mysis, pellets, reef roids

OP
OP
PokeFish

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are finicky little things. I have success with keeping them out of the light with minimal flow. I spot feed with all flow turned off a little reef roids to get their attention. Once they start poking out or opening their mouths I spot feed more roids. I have two separate pieces. One never comes out just opens their mouths. The other comes all the way out. You can broadcast feed too to grab their attention. Best time to see them is when the lights turn off. That’s when the one decides to show off. The one that never comes out is in a very low nutrient tank. The other that does come out is in a higher nutrient tank. Maybe has something to do with it?
yeah my tank is pretty low in nitrates and phosphates, but its been growing some hair algae lately

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know how they put like a goat in the same stable as a horse to give it some company. If you can add a Pacific oyster near it but keep an eye on the oyster. I say Pacific oyster because they are the hardiest ones. You won't be disappointed. And depending how big your tank is the oyster will help reduce aptasia and hair algae.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know how they put like a goat in the same stable as a horse to give it some company. If you can add a Pacific oyster near it but keep an eye on the oyster. I say Pacific oyster because they are the hardiest ones. You won't be disappointed. And depending how big your tank is the oyster will help reduce aptasia and hair algae.
learning moment...
how does an oyster reduce aptasia?

OP
OP
PokeFish

PokeFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so the oyster will keep it company?

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
learning moment...
how does an oyster reduce aptasia?
They're filter feeders, continuously clean the water and consume larvea and food for aptasia, also consume nutrients for hair algae, in other words they export organic material.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%
Back