SUN CORAL HELP

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so the oyster will keep it company?
More like provide some nutrients for them and your other corals, nutrients can be beneficial bacteria, little bit of their pseudo feces will be beneficial for the tank and they remove organic material and help keep the water clean

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
know anywhere to get them?
Just remember Pacific oysters, Google because it has different names besides Pacific oysters. And your supermarket and over here we have Asian markets and those are two sources I say keep an eye because if you buy one or two only they may not make it, they may be stressed or for whatever reason, so you keep buying till you get some hardy ones they're only like a dollar or $1.50 each. Little is better as to quantities in tank.

OrangeCountyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check it out at night once the lights have been off. Mine is usually open when all the lights are off and I target feed it with a turkey baster.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember Pacific oysters, Google because it has different names besides Pacific oysters. And your supermarket and over here we have Asian markets and those are two sources I say keep an eye because if you buy one or two only they may not make it, they may be stressed or for whatever reason, so you keep buying till you get some hardy ones they're only like a dollar or $1.50 each. Little is better as to quantities in tank.
Very interesting. I will try the local Ranch99 market. Is there a reason you keep them in the bag and not loose in the sump or display?

dhanking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I just came to a realization, I had a mussel in my tank for 4 months and had no algae issues but it died unfortunately from a tank crash. As soon as it died all my algae issues have become apparent. Maybe this oyster/mussel thing actually works?

dhanking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• CA0003A6-E0FB-47B2-8C1A-BF78612C1514.png
    CA0003A6-E0FB-47B2-8C1A-BF78612C1514.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 24

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you need to keep an eye on them?
They may spawn or die. I wish mine spawn more often. They feed the corals. Sometimes they may spawn when acclimating. Also your tank temp need to stable. Increase and decrease in temperature fluctuations induce spawning.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back