Supplemental T5 for Prime 16s.

  • Thread starter Thread starter jhuntstl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2021
Messages
2,257
Reaction score
4,091
Location
St. Louis
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!

edit: sorry accidentally posted too quickly! give me time to edit!
 
Last edited:
Looking for 24" T5 retrofit recommendations and general advice on my lighting. DT dimensions are 23.5x13x16. I intend to house mainly beginner/hardy SPS.

Right now I have two Prime 16s running AB+ at maybe 45-50%. They're still in acclimation mode, working their way up to 70%. I can tell even with the two, I'm going to have shadowing issues. I like the idea of adding a couple blue plus T5s. One on each side of the Primes.

Do you think this would be a worthwhile addition to the Primes? Any brands you'd recommend? Would you do something completely different?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new