swimming pattern?

ElitePirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends

When lights all switched off one of my clown swimming upside down. Not sure if he is trying to rest or what but is it a normal behavior?

p.png

OP
OP
ElitePirate

ElitePirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's eating and acting normal the rest of the time, it's probably a clown being a clown...they are weird that way. :confused:

haha :)

yup he is eating and very healthy/playful.

MarinaP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Space is at a premium in growout tanks at the breeders. He will outgrow this habit.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
W/out a host of some kind, or not yet discovered, it's common for them to just pick a spot like that, especially new to tank.
Looking at title, Swimming upside down would not sound good, but that just appears to be resting head downward rather than belly up

OP
OP
ElitePirate

ElitePirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup thanks guys, i will add a torch coral very soon. i dnt wanna add one anemone right now coz my tank is still new

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torch's are cool, just be aware that they put out longer sweepers than other euphylilia and often need more buffer space, and also can potentially leave black sting spots on clowns sometimes.
I actually prefer hammer or frogspawn as a nem alternative

OP
OP
ElitePirate

ElitePirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torch's are cool, just be aware that they put out longer sweepers than other euphylilia and often need more buffer space, and also can potentially leave black sting spots on clowns sometimes.

ah ha. thanks for that info. I already have a hammer i think i;ll just go for a frogspawn then :)

Brittany Marie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That must be happening to my snowflake. I’ve noticed black spots on his underside. He’s not host one of tge nems though...I’ve seen him get comfortable in the zoas. But not the torch, Goniopora, or bubble

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That must be happening to my snowflake. I’ve noticed black spots on his underside. He’s not host one of tge nems though...I’ve seen him get comfortable in the zoas. But not the torch, Goniopora, or bubble

Yeah BTA not a natural mix for occs, usually takes longer to recognize, but hopefully in time. At least it's not going to your goni, those are sensitive and hard enough to keep as it is

Brittany Marie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah BTA not a natural mix for occs, usually takes longer to recognize, but hopefully in time. At least it's not going to your goni, those are sensitive and hard enough to keep as it is
I have honestly had zero issues with my goni. It was one of my first corals and even made it through my nitrate spike unscathed

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 37 46.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.6%
Back