T5/LED Hybrid Lighting Questions

onetootreefor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All!

I am building a new tank and I will be doing t5/led hybrid lighting for the first time. I have never used T5 before so this is all new to me.

I have a 36" fixture that came with ATI Blue Plus and Coral Plus Bulbs (One of each on each side of the fixture)

I am going to use 2x Radion XR30 pro Gen 3's in the middle. This is all going over my waterbox 130.4 (48x24x22) tank.

I have a PAR meter so I will be dialing in my LED's, but my question is how do I setup the the T5s?

Do I run both Coral Plus and Blue Plus bulbs the entirety of my "daylight" schedule I'm setting up for my LEDs?

Do I run Blue Plus all day, but turn on Coral plus only during peak hours? (I would assume I have to put the same color bulb on each side to accomplish this)

Do I run both only during peak hours?

Thanks in advance, sorry if this is a common topic....

Johnson556

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my LED's (3 Kessil A360's) from 12 to 10:30 with a 2 hour ramp up and down on each end. T5's (6-80Watt T5's) come on at 2 and go off at 8pm.

When I'm not battling sever bacterial infection on my corals.......they seemed to thrive

OP
OP
onetootreefor

onetootreefor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my LED's (3 Kessil A360's) from 12 to 10:30 with a 2 hour ramp up and down on each end. T5's (6-80Watt T5's) come on at 2 and go off at 8pm.

When I'm not battling sever bacterial infection on my corals.......they seemed to thrive

Thanks for the tips!

I just realized the wattage matters mine are 39 watt for anyone else's input

Back