T5 question

Carz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 foot 250 main display. I currently run the aquatic life 5 foot hybrid with 3 AI 26 lights. I am tearing down this tank to redo it differently. It will be a mixed reef and I was thinking of replacing the 3 AI prime lights with a 4 bulb T5 fixture that is 48". It will fit in the middle of the aquatic 5 foot fixture. This will give me a total of 8 of the T5 bulbs. Is that enough or too much for this size tank. So basically I am wanting to try all T5 bulb fixture. Having the 2 fixtures in one would allow me to turn the 4 foot bulbs on first and then the 5 foot bulbs later. kinda like a ramp up.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 foot 250 main display. I currently run the aquatic life 5 foot hybrid with 3 AI 26 lights. I am tearing down this tank to redo it differently. It will be a mixed reef and I was thinking of replacing the 3 AI prime lights with a 4 bulb T5 fixture that is 48". It will fit in the middle of the aquatic 5 foot fixture. This will give me a total of 8 of the T5 bulbs. Is that enough or too much for this size tank. So basically I am wanting to try all T5 bulb fixture. Having the 2 fixtures in one would allow me to turn the 4 foot bulbs on first and then the 5 foot bulbs later. kinda like a ramp up.
As long as the fixture/ mounts can handle the weight, should be fine.

Back