T5 supplement with Orphek?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

GugsJr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Orphek

I have a 60" aquatic life t5 hybrid I was using with my radion xr30w g4 pros on my 220 (72×24×30)

I have switched to Orpheks and was wondering if I should still use the hybrids.

Combination on t5s is 2 blue plus, 1 coral plus, 1 atinic.

OP
OP
GugsJr

GugsJr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I added the old aquatic life hybrid and here's the look
9b580ab763dc2c3f0f0249148612615d.jpg

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t hurt! Hard to tell from a digital image, but I imagine there is less shading, well done.

Njdevils1220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on how this combo is working out? I am adding a 48" Aquatic life to my Atlantik V4 combo as well.

tgrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added 3 Atlantik V4s because I wanted to eliminate the T5s. I'm tired of replacing bulbs...I test par with my meter and everything looks very promising.

Njdevils1220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added 3 Atlantik V4s because I wanted to eliminate the T5s. I'm tired of replacing bulbs...I test par with my meter and everything looks very promising.
I like my Atlantiks I just don’t see nearly as much growth as I do in my friends tanks who run T5’s. I do have nice colors though.

tgrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my Atlantiks I just don’t see nearly as much growth as I do in my friends tanks who run T5’s. I do have nice colors though.

I wish it were as simple as lights. The reality is far more complex. As an example... quantity/quality of feeding. Calcium levels, Alk and PH levels. Water change schedule. Salt used. Protein skimmer performance. Supplements added.

The list goes on and on. Lighting is certainly a major factor but it's not the only factor. I was running T5s with Hydra 26HD and had very solid growth. That said, my tank seems to 'appreciate' the spectrum of the Orpheck as much if not more. TIme will tell.

Njdevils1220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish it were as simple as lights. The reality is far more complex. As an example... quantity/quality of feeding. Calcium levels, Alk and PH levels. Water change schedule. Salt used. Protein skimmer performance. Supplements added.

The list goes on and on. Lighting is certainly a major factor but it's not the only factor. I was running T5s with Hydra 26HD and had very solid growth. That said, my tank seems to 'appreciate' the spectrum of the Orpheck as much if not more. TIme will tell.
My parameters are good and consistent. It’s cheaper to add the T5’s than it was buying the Orpheks so either it works out great or I sell the T5’s and stick to Orphek only.

JPergamo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a question for possible future plans, does the orphek fit ok in the space of the aquatic life t5 fixture? I have the aquatic life with a sb reef light ultra 57 over my 180 and actually love it, an obvious upgrade would be to orpheks down the line but it says they are 9 inches wide. The space for t5 fixture I think is 7.5.

Njdevils1220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a question for possible future plans, does the orphek fit ok in the space of the aquatic life t5 fixture? I have the aquatic life with a sb reef light ultra 57 over my 180 and actually love it, an obvious upgrade would be to orpheks down the line but it says they are 9 inches wide. The space for t5 fixture I think is 7.5.
No, a custom mounting bracket would be needed. I made my own but sold my Orpheks. Was pretty easy to do with some metal from Home Depot and a drill.

JPergamo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, a custom mounting bracket would be needed. I made my own but sold my Orpheks. Was pretty easy to do with some metal from Home Depot and a drill.
I have my lights all suspended and would just do that with the orpheks, was just wondering about the space in between the 2 sets of t5s

Njdevils1220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my lights all suspended and would just do that with the orpheks, was just wondering about the space in between the 2 sets of t5s
The aquatic life fixture out of the box only offers 7” of space between. They make larger brackets but then it jumps to I think 16” which is huge. I made my own to give it 10” of space to fit the Orpheks perfectly.

JPergamo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aquatic life fixture out of the box only offers 7” of space between. They make larger brackets but then it jumps to I think 16” which is huge. I made my own to give it 10” of space to fit the Orpheks perfectly.
Ahhh I follow what you are saying now. That's great I would just do the same thank you for clarifying.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any possibility of seeing a picture of your Aquatic Life fixture setup with the orpheks? Also how did you go about "making your own" Many thanks!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back