T5's

  • Thread starter Thread starter HairyGary
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2017
Messages
1,831
Reaction score
3,394
Location
Minnesota
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anybody running a 6 bulb T5 fixture (ATI or Gieseman) on 48/60 x 24 x 24" tank? Curious if enough light for sps heavy tank.
 
You'd probably want an 8 bulb over a 24" tank, if you're trying to go SPS heavy. 6 bulb may leave too much space front and back that is not getting enough light.
 
You'd probably want an 8 bulb over a 24" tank, if you're trying to go SPS heavy. 6 bulb may leave too much space front and back that is not getting enough light.
Yeah that was my thinking but ran across possible sweet deal locally on a 6 bulb got me thinking. I have SPS mainly top half and torches and hammers on bottom half in my current tank and would be similar in new 150 i am thinking about. But I would like to do some SPS toward the bottom as well with better spread so 8 bulb sounds like the plan.
 
I run 3 c+ 3b+ on a standard 120.
ATI fixture is 4" Off the surface.
Plenty of light.
Tank is only 2.5 months old but plenty of coverage.
Tank is 2 months old.
All acros are growing and most are at 12" or less from the
surface.
20190831_170408.jpg
 
I run a 6 bulb on my 24x32x24 cube with 2 reefbrite strips as supplememental. I get plenty of light running it 12" from the surface.

I would think a 6 bulb would be plenty of light.
 
You could also go hybrid and use it over an LED setup that has a small footprint like the red sea LED90 or Kessils. Thats what I did. I also got a deal on a Giesemann and loving it.

_DSC1538.jpg
 
I run 3 c+ 3b+ on a standard 120.
ATI fixture is 4" Off the surface.
Plenty of light.
Tank is only 2.5 months old but plenty of coverage.
Tank is 2 months old.
All acros are growing and most are at 12" or less from the
surface.
20190831_170408.jpg

Define plenty.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new