Tang feeding question.

Todd Barket

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. First time asking for a question my wife raves about the responses so here goes.

We have a newer reef tank with a yellow tang and a kole tang. The kole is new to the tank and as such is not really eating yet. The yellow LOVES the omega one super veggie kelp flakes. On advice from our local aquarium store, marine warehouse in Tampa (love them) I bought omega one green seaweed to clip to the tank glass to let the tangs graze hoping to lower the risk of bad behavior between the tangs. They won't touch it. Should I chop some up and feed it as I would the flakes? Will that make a difference? Thanks.

IMG_0043.JPG

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it some time. Try different places as well... rubber band some to a rock, this might seem more natural to them until they eventually take the clip on the glass. Also, depending how much you're feeding, they could be getting their fill from the flakes (doubtful, but maybe).

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never liked the seaweed.. They never ate it and it would always break apart in my tank. I feed new life spectrum thera a to my tang and it loves it

Last edited:
OP
OP
Todd Barket

Todd Barket

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it some time. Try different places as well... rubber band some to a rock, this might seem more natural to them until they eventually take the clip on the glass. Also, depending how much you're feeding, they could be getting their fill from the flakes (doubtful, but maybe).

Thank you. I do give them three small feedings daily. The yellow and our yellow headed jaw fish pound on the kelp flakes. The others eat some but wait for the mysis mix. The kelp also seems really get the cleanup crew fired up.

Theo15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my tang cichlid pellets it's loaded with greens he loves it ,they keep him fat

SR Aquaristik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed primarily Staple and Spirulina Flake to my 16-year-old Yellow Tang. I also feed frozen brine to the entire tank two or three times a week along with well rinsed spinach every once in a while.

Back