Tang not eating hiding in dark area

Simo2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a fresh import after 2 days I have a good rim tank that i think may have something wrong with it's mouth but hard to see

It's not happy hiding away joy eating etc

I normaly use copper as a precaution for white spot at this point but don't want to add this as there no spots etc

So what treatment would you use

It's in with a emperors Angel which is fine and eating so don't think it's a parocite so maybe bacteria

20180119_170939.jpg

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't really understand everything you said, but what I'm thinking you meant is that you have a Gold Rim Tang that has an issue with his mouth.

I always recommend prophylactically treating acanthurus tangs for ich since they are so prone to it and very sensitive to it. My advice would be to plan on treating them with copper anyway. Before that, let's try to figure out the problem with the mouth. Can you get a nice clear picture of the problem? Get a light over where he is hiding and try for a nice sharp picture or even a video.

OP
OP
S

Simo2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol yes ive just read that back !!

its a gold rim tang ive had for 2day's.. its hiding away not eating.. yes i normally treat with copper or CP in my QT tanks as a precaution, i just didnt want to do this as if i needed to add extra meds i would need to take copper out etc

i also have some Fritz Aquatics 24 Count Mardel Maracyn Broad Spectrum Antibiotic Aquariums coming today.

i will move the light and try get a video but it maybe hard as the tang is in the back of the tank and doesn't come to the front

Mardel Maracyn might be worth a shot as its a Broad Spectrum Antibiotic ?

here in the UK its hard to get medicines so i imported these from America lucky they have just come

OP
OP
S

Simo2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol yes ive just read that back !!

its a gold rim tang ive had for 2day's.. its hiding away not eating.. yes i normally treat with copper or CP in my QT tanks as a precaution, i just didnt want to do this as if i needed to add extra meds i would need to take copper out etc

i also have some Fritz Aquatics 24 Count Mardel Maracyn Broad Spectrum Antibiotic Aquariums coming today.

i will move the light and try get a video but it maybe hard as the tang is in the back of the tank and doesn't come to the front

Mardel Maracyn might be worth a shot as its a Broad Spectrum Antibiotic ?

here in the UK its hard to get medicines so i imported these from America lucky they have just come

OP
OP
S

Simo2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Managed to get a video here

Can't really see much!

I feed the tank which stimulates it but I think it's blind!

As you see here it's bumping into things! So it will have damaged its mouth !

Any ideas or thoughts

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a quarantine tank or a display?

He looks very stressed and breathing a little heavily, though not quickly. I see some blemishes on the skin though they are not clear enough to tell what they are. I'm going to call in some back up for more eyes. @Humblefish

OP
OP
S

Simo2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video thanks

I will do this I only have clear or white containers tho

Thanks again

OP
OP
S

Simo2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok did a dip :) nothing came off but I was happy as I've never done one so learnt something new

I'd like to try methylene blue by kordon but is it going to stop the filtration?? Which is 2 internal sponge filters

The fish us blind doesn't react to my hand when putting fast up to the glass :(

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back