Tank aggression

dandoozled

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there Anything I can do to stop my bicolour blenny from hunting down the royal gramma in the tank? They were fine a few weeks ago but it seems now that they’ve settled into the tank more they’ve gotten territorial to eachother. I have a clown and a green chromis in the tank aswell that join in the chase against the RG when the situation arises.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider re homing the fish. The stress and probable injuries will be very tough on the fish. Blennies can be real pills. My Starry Blenny was absolutely vicious in the QT with a pink goby. Used eggcrate with 1/4" mesh attached to separate them for the QT period. Now they are together in my 90 and no problems. Fish are weird. :rolleyes:

w2inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at the Baltimore aquarium a year ago and asking them why certain fish didn't eat the others in the display. They said that they overfed the system and it fixed most aggression problems. Later (9 months ago) at the Atlanta aquarium I was told a similar thing.

I have tried it in my system and from my experience, I believe overfeeding fixes a lot of things.

Dont just go for broke with food. Make sure you have a good nutrient export system and that your tank can handle it and or be prepared to do water changes to dilute things while your tank adjusts.

It is a lot of work to keep two fish together that are at battle. So, you should also consider the advice of Big G.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back