OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG 3 1/2 years already. Seems like just last year. I am still very sorry for that huge loss of yours and your boys.

A little while ago I took out my bicycle. I am supposed to ride the thing to exercise the knee, and the rest of me. I used to swim 3 times a week then after a few silly, but manly surgeries I had to give up swimming. Now I can do it again, but it is 20 degrees and my boat is in a snow drift.
So I rode the bike for about a mile or so and it was much easier than I thought. Then I noticed it was mostly down hill. Coming back was another story and I was straining to get back. My ears were also getting frostbite. So I was peddling and peddling, working harder and harder and I thought I was going to get a heart attack. If my lips were bigger I would have put them over my nose and given myself CPR.
Since my knee operation I haven't exercised to much and I need to get back into shape so I can resume my job as a Male model.
If my bicycle would have fit in an ambulance I would have called 911.
But I made it back. Sat down and had a nice glass of Grand Marnier and a piece of dark chocolate just for medicinal purposes of course. :rolleyes:

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG 3 1/2 years already. Seems like just last year. I am still very sorry for that huge loss of yours and your boys.

A little while ago I took out my bicycle. I am supposed to ride the thing to exercise the knee, and the rest of me. I used to swim 3 times a week then after a few silly, but manly surgeries I had to give up swimming. Now I can do it again, but it is 20 degrees and my boat is in a snow drift.
So I rode the bike for about a mile or so and it was much easier than I thought. Then I noticed it was mostly down hill. Coming back was another story and I was straining to get back. My ears were also getting frostbite. So I was peddling and peddling, working harder and harder and I thought I was going to get a heart attack. If my lips were bigger I would have put them over my nose and given myself CPR.
Since my knee operation I haven't exercised to much and I need to get back into shape so I can resume my job as a Male model.
If my bicycle would have fit in an ambulance I would have called 911.
But I made it back. Sat down and had a nice glass of Grand Marnier and a piece of dark chocolate just for medicinal purposes of course. :rolleyes:
I am looking forward to a glass of something, I am just scared to try a drink. Soon I think, I will have a martini. A week or so ago, I had 2 martinis and it was a bad idea!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Victoria after you try your first drink stand on your head. If it leaks out your incision go back to the doctor for a seal job.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I noticed one of my long growing corals bleached and croaked. Another one has a bleached part so I had to look for a test kit. I found an alk kit but I think it is old because it’s in a wooden box .

I used it anyway and the all is so low that that it is only good for goldfish. I quickly searched through my tank and couldn’t find any goldfish.. OMG. I ran to my favorite LFS. And their goldfish were getting last rites so I figured I had to go with my saltwater stuff. I needed to drastically raise the alk.

I had some 2 part stuff and quick Lu mixed it up. I dumped a bunch in and watched the white cloud spread around the tank.

A half an hour later I dumped more in. (I really like to watch that white cloud).

I tested the alk. OMG. It only raised it half a point so I dumped in more. Then more. I got the alk up to where I can keep kissing Gouramies. I then had to leave to watch my Grand Kids so I am not sure if my tank will make it to 49 years old.

Today I will get home and see what I have. If anything.
Apparently the Long Island Sound water is very low in alk so if the tank is still running I should test it next time I change it.

That, or look for Goldfish

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on my I Phone so dis regard all the typos in above post. That all is alk. My phone is very small and my fingers are very big and I don’t know joy to fix mistakes

I fixed this when I got home

Last edited:

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, use speech to text. It's easier.

But proof read it before you send it. [emoji23]

Have a great time with the grandkids!

I suspect your tank will survive this too.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am lucky I can turn the thing on and you want me to use speech

Remember my phone is made of wood

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the first times I tried this on my phone. I still think this is a silly thing to do

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a bigger phone.
Current is S9+.

I never use a computer to do anything anymore except write logs for work or look at excel spreadsheets.

The battery lasts forever.
It's always in my pocket.

Digital subscriptions to WSJ, NYT, WP and Guardian,supporting print news and enjoying it more.
Kindle, I have 30+ books on here right now.
Keyboard corrects spellling.
Weather 15 days out.
Nearest lightning strikes in bad weather, converting metric to Standard or vice versa looking at docking plans (for USA war ships...),
Short emails, a quick look at excel, word, pdf documents.
Google searches.
Google Calendar reminders.
Note keeping app.
Texting the "mute" niece.
This app.

Oh yeah, it even makes phone calls.

I was on Twitter once a few months ago and I look at Facebook for about 10 minutes about every 2 months.
In spite of that I'm probably glued to the phone about 3 hours a day.

When I'm home we sit in the same room so it's like we're together. [emoji846]

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my computer and I am probably a lot older than you so I never read my phone. :D
If I want to know where lightning striked. Well, I would never care about that.
If I want to know the weather, I look out the window or ask Alexa. It's plugged in so the battery never runs out.
For a calendar. I am retired so I don't care what day or year it is. :rolleyes:
I don't do short E mails, i call if I want to say something, if they don't answer, they don't need to know.
I have a kindal. Almost never use it as I have a bunch of books and at my age, I forget I read them so I can read them again. :confused:
I don't care about my spilling. :cool:
I never go on facebook unless it is an accident.
I don't know what WSJ, NYT, WP and Guardian is and don't want to. I know when to duck when I hear a mortar.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my computer and I am probably a lot older than you so I never read my phone. :D
If I want to know where lightning striked. Well, I would never care about that.
If I want to know the weather, I look out the window or ask Alexa. It's plugged in so the battery never runs out.
For a calendar. I am retired so I don't care what day or year it is. :rolleyes:
I don't do short E mails, i call if I want to say something, if they don't answer, they don't need to know.
I have a kindal. Almost never use it as I have a bunch of books and at my age, I forget I read them so I can read them again. :confused:
I don't care about my spilling. :cool:
I never go on facebook unless it is an accident.
I don't know what WSJ, NYT, WP and Guardian is and don't want to. I know when to duck when I hear a mortar.

Lol, Lightning strike info is for when we are out working on the dive job instead of being smart enough to stay home.
Don't really like it when it gets too close and this way we have warning to pull the diver before it is on top of us. Using the spark portion of the weather bug weather app.

Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post and The Guardian newspapers. [emoji6]

No interest in having Alexa snoop on me 27/7. Or anything internet connected in the house besides the computer and tv.
Hacking computer is bad enough.
Not interested in having the front door, heating system and refrigerator hacked. ;Yawn

Using Google maps to figure out where we are going on today's adventure. [emoji849]
If it is too foggy on the water you can still see where you are on the map on the phone.
Our 24 foot open boats don't have GPS.

The phone makes work a lot safer and sometimes more productive.

Enjoy being retired! [emoji13]

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoy being retired!
emoji13.png

As I have said a few times, The day I retired, on my way home, I had to stop at a Plastic surgeon's office to make my face bigger to fit my smile. :D

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 43 58.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back