Tank birthday, 47+ years

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
My acro's seem fine because I didn't show them the nitrate reading. The monti's are growing faster then ever as they probably came from a sewer. I will figure out how to do this maintenance and I am looking forward to doing what I have been thinking about for years. You got to shake it up every ten years or so or you get bored.
 
Today I went for a routine echo cardiogram and stress test. I have one every couple of years because my insurance pays for it and my Doctor has some Supermodels working for him so what the heck.
One of the Supermodels is going to take my blood pressure and I told her, don't bother because my blood pressure is better than perfect. She says, what makes you thing so? I said because I am in perfect shape, can't you tell? I can tell by her expression that she didn't think so. Anyway, she says, what do you think your pressure is? I said 117 over 75. She took it and said "Dam", it's better than that. It's 115 over 70. That's like what Batman's pressure is :****: (I said that last part, not her)
So I get on the treadmill and start walking as the Doctor is talking to me. He keeps his boat moored right near mine so I see him all the time. I spend ten minutes on the thing walking as fast as I can then you jump on the gurney and they do the echo and stress stuff. After a while the nurse runs out yelling for the Doctor so I figure I must be going into cardiac arrest, have Ebola or am in the middle of a stroke. The doctor comes in, who by the way is a cardiologist and is about 300lbs. and they are looking at the readout. The nurse says "I can't read it, is this normal?" So now I am sure I am croaking and I see my life flashing before me. Fish, Supermodels, brine shrimp hatcheries, more Supermodels etc.
Then he tells her, she can't read it on that chart because even though I am 65 years old, I have the perfect heart for a 48 year old so I am off the chart.
 
Last edited:
Now that's awesome never thought I'd see a tank that old
 
Today I went for a routine echo cardiogram and stress test. I have one every couple of years because my insurance pays for it and my Doctor has some Supermodels working for him so what the heck.
One of the Supermodels is going to take my blood pressure and I told her, don't bother because my blood pressure is better than perfect. She says, what makes you thing so? I said because I am in perfect shape, can't you tell? I can tell by her expression that she didn't think so. Anyway, she says, what do you think your pressure is? I said 117 over 75. She took it and said "Dam", it's better than that. It's 115 over 70. That's like what Batman's pressure is :****: (I said that last part, not her)
So I get on the treadmill and start walking as the Doctor is talking to me. He keeps his boat moored right near mine so I see him all the time. I spend ten minutes on the thing walking as fast as I can then you jump on the gurney and they do the echo and stress stuff. After a while the nurse runs out yelling for the Doctor so I figure I must be going into cardiac arrest, have Ebola or am in the middle of a stroke. The doctor comes in, who by the way is a cardiologist and is about 300lbs. and they are looking at the readout. The nurse says "I can't read it, is this normal?" So now I am sure I am croaking and I see my life flashing before me. Fish, Supermodels, brine shrimp hatcheries, more Supermodels etc.
Then he tells her, she can't read it on that chart because even though I am 65 years old, I have the perfect heart for a 48 year old so I am off the chart.


:clap2: Always good news
 
For me it is but just think of the poor 48 year old guy who has my 65 year old heart. My heart rate and blood pressure were always good. It must be all the fish and seafood I eat. MMMM Breakfast

 
Paul, please don't tell me that you put Ketchup on your oysters :)

Ketchup! Who puts ketchup on oysters? That is probably illegal. That is cocktail sauce and lemon. That picture was taken on a pier at the end of the north fork of Long Island. Raw oysters and clams are my favorite food. As a matter of fact,I have never ordered a steak in my life. I am a seafood kind of guy all the way through.
Tuna steak


Linguini and crabs


Shrimp.


If it swims, slithers or crawls,I will eat it

 
It is almost my wife's birthday so yesterday her closest friend took her out to Manhattan for a surprise. We don't live far from Manhattan and we both worked there. They first went to Madam Trusseau's wax museum (which is a place New Yorker's never go, like the Statue of Liberty because we don't think about it as it is a tourist attraction) In NY it is huge, 9 floors and as they were walking through she turned to see one of the wax figures, and it was her other close friend posing as a statue so that was a surprise. There was also a Radio City Rockett there commissioning her wax figure. Then they went outside and on to this bus. I worked in the city all my life and never heard of this so it must be new. It was a huge bus with windows covering one side, ceiling to floor and the other side is closed. The seats face the window and there are two cute girls on the bus who are also entertainers. As this bus went through the city there were people outside on the sidewalk that are part of the entertainment but you don't know it. There was a female street sweeper with the broom and when the bus went past, she started doing cartwheels and dancing on the street. Then a few blocks later there was someone else. 9 people all together were on the sidewalk among the crowds and they did their thing as the bus went by or stopped. Then they went to my Daughter's new home in the West Village and my Daughter took them all out to dinner. I am so happy that she had such a good time as she is having some trouble walking but she reallyhad a ball.
 
I just returned from a week in Vermont and my auto hatchery and feeder worked fine, all my pipefish are smiling and doing the macarana.
Happy (late)Thanks giving t you guys also. I had no cell service in Vermont or Internet
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new