Tank birthday, 47+ years

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to get my wife one of these. She has an electric scooter and a walker but this thing will give her more mobility and it folds up with one hand to put in the car.

Zinger.jpg

It is supposed to go 8 miles at about 6 mph. It will be good for functions or just getting to the condo pool.

My wife just got a Whill -- which seems pretty similar albeit a bit "beefier."

She loves it. Much more mobile than a scooter and much easier to use than a manual chair.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been seeing this Supermodel lately. Beautiful girl who I have seen 4 or 5 times and she is always wearing this same outfit.
It looks like a short white bathing suit cover up and it looks like she has baggy white short shorts under it. My wife says they are Baby Dolls.

She walks very slow and all the times I saw her she was talking on her phone and looking down. I never saw her off the phone which is on speaker.

Yesterday we went to our condo pool and she was slowly walking around the pool. This was about 7:00 Pm and no one was there. She never came up for air and if someone was on the other end of the phone, they never got a word in as she never stops talking.
After we left, she was there all by herself still talking. I would like to know what battery she has on that phone. :oops:

trainbob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first saw this snake had to goggle the photo to identify it and was surprised to find out it was a garter snake.much thicker than the usual garter snake around here and more aggressive. Usually garter smakes slink away as soon as they see you

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant show any images off snakes in my country that I've seen as never seen one or even heard of anyone seeing one,a wild one anyway,only snakes I've encountered are these voracious little buggers what we buy in the shops ha ha ^_^

Not even sure if England even has snakes in the wild lol

Screenshot_20220806-212241_Google.jpg

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm apparently we have 3 snakes native to England with the adder being slightly poisonous according to Google.
Learn something new everyday ha ha

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220806-212622_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220806-212622_Google.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 24

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant show any images off snakes in my country that I've seen as never seen one or even heard of anyone seeing one,a wild one anyway,only snakes I've encountered are these voracious little buggers what we buy in the shops ha ha ^_^

Oh man, jelly snakes are the best sweet we have over here hands down. They’re one of the best “snacks” I’ve ever had.

I have seen a few snakes over here but I was in a bit of a panic as it was swimming through a river (Which I didn’t know the snakes over here did!).

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first saw this snake had to goggle the photo to identify it and was surprised to find out it was a garter snake.much thicker than the usual garter snake around here and more aggressive. Usually garter smakes slink away as soon as they see you
Joking right? First mutant garter with a pit viper head.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, jelly snakes are the best sweet we have over here hands down. They’re one of the best “snacks” I’ve ever had.

I have seen a few snakes over here but I was in a bit of a panic as it was swimming through a river (Which I didn’t know the snakes over here did!).
Never had jellied eels but pretty confident jelly snakes taste much better than jellied eels lol or cockles ew sounds disgusting but each to their own I guess

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't have a lot of snakes here in New York but In Viet Nam we had many. I shot a cobra and a python that I think wanted to eat me instead of making friends. I have a picture of the python somewhere and it was probably 18' long and mean looking.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I arrived in Australia in 2005 we bought a second hand car in kings cross, a Ford falcon with 476000 km on the odometer...but might have been much more because it wasn't working anymore. The car got us out of overpriced Sydney but not much further. It broke down on the gold coast.

There were not many Supermodels in mini skirts around Sydney then, but it was September and that is end of winter here.

Xhamster.com

Screenshot_20220806-212241_Google.jpg

We have 3 types of snakes here in the UK. The grass snake and smooth snake which are none venomous and the Adder which is mildly venomous. We also have a legless lizard the slow worm which is kinda like a snake plus a few other lizards.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coldest times I can ever remember were playing football in 2" of snow at school for an hour in nothing more than shorts and a football shirt while the PE teacher looked out of a classroom widows leaning on a radiator.
I remember being quite cold many times but once in particular sticks in my mind. It was 1970 and I was a Sargent in the Army in Colorado before I went to Nam. I did my jungle training in Colorado in the winter and in Colorado if it doesn't snow at least 5' deep, they don't even notice it or take out a snow shovel.

We were doing war games which is totally stupid. I had to ride in a small "roofless" Jeep across these plains which stretch almost to Vermont with this skinny second Lieutenant who was not to bright.

We had to lay out this COMMO wire for a few miles by ourselves. We started out and the wire was going out the back. It was snowing. And snowing, and snowing. Eventually it was a foot deep and we didn't know where we were or why we were there.

Remember this is decades before cell phones or even credit cards. We didn't even have a working radio or a pen to write a post card. :anguished-face:

Now we were covered in about 18" of snow and it was cold. The Army "Cold Weather Gear" at the time was about as good as Lycra that Nadia Cominich wore on her Olympic trials.

I was shivering, scared and disgusted. The snow was getting deeper.
The LT. tells me he is going to climb on top of a hill and see if he can tell where we are.

I said, "Good Idea because we are going to die" :eek:

So he gets out and leaves me there. Now it is getting dark and the snow is picking up as is the wind.

After a few minutes I hear: "HHHHhhhhhhhhooooWWWWWWWlllllllllll". :astonished-face:

I am a New York City boy and the only thing we have in New York that howls are rats and roaches.

I must have been thinking "Big Foot", wolf, or the very strong Russian Cossack girl I was dating.

The Lt. is no where to be seen. I yelled for him but it was drowned out by:

"HHHHhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooWWWWWWWWlllll. HHHHHHhhhhhhooooooWWWWWllllll."

And, It, or THEM was getting closer. HHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhoooooWWWWWllll.
Then CLOSER.

I remembered, I have a weapon. An M-16. Yeah. But wait, I idon't have any bullets. I was praying for at least one bullet so I could blow my brains out before whatever it was that was going to kill and eat me any second and wouldn't have the satisfaction of hearing me scream. Or cry, maybe wimper. OK beg for my life. :confounded-face:

I got out of the Jeep and climbed on the hood. Now I am at least two feet off the ground and we all know that Big Foot and wolves can't climb that high.

I held my rifle by the barrel and was ready to smash the first thing that came close.
My visibility was very limited by the snow so I waited until I could smell freshly killed accountant on his breath and I would strike. The cold was completely through the Lycra thin clothing I was wearing.

Suddenly and without warning, I HEAR:.....................................................
"Sargent Baldassino What are you doing?" :rolleyes:

So we were lost and I had to walk in front of the Jeep a couple of miles while picking up the wire until we found our way back.

I

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I had to bring my wife to her Dr. and I went to the LFS there. There must be a big influx of copperbands and hippo tangs because the store, and another one 5 miles away were full of the things. Each store had dozens of each of those fish.

I already have a hippo but want to replace my copperband that a yellow tang killed that my "friend" gave me that I didn't want and it was to big not to mention I don't like yellow tangs and that one was huge and looked horrible.

Each store had many copperbands and they were cheap but they were all larger than I wanted. But they had one smaller one that was perfect.
Almost..........

The poor fish, besides ich that doesn't mean anything had a bunch of fungus growths (I forgot what they are called) on a few parts of him. Besides that the fish was fine.

I had no place to put him to eliminate the growths and he may have gotten worse in my reef so I didn't take him.
But I did get a large, very colorful anemone hermit crab and a leather coral.

Leathers live and grow very well in my tank and now that I have enormous growths of sponge, I can't really put many hard corals because when I cut the sponge, like I did yesterday, the white toxins ooze out and kill any SPS almost instantly.

My many duncans don't seem to mind and even like the stuff as do my gorgonians and leathers so I will focus on those.

In the many years this tank has survived it has gone through many cycles and this is just one of them. It was all SPS, leathers, gorgonians, LPS and everything else. Now it's sponge cycle time which is fine. Just another interesting thing in my long life. :p

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I had to bring my wife to her Dr. and I went to the LFS there. There must be a big influx of copperbands and hippo tangs because the store, and another one 5 miles away were full of the things. Each store had dozens of each of those fish.

I already have a hippo but want to replace my copperband that a yellow tang killed that my "friend" gave me that I didn't want and it was to big not to mention I don't like yellow tangs and that one was huge and looked horrible.

Each store had many copperbands and they were cheap but they were all larger than I wanted. But they had one smaller one that was perfect.
Almost..........

The poor fish, besides ich that doesn't mean anything had a bunch of fungus growths (I forgot what they are called) on a few parts of him. Besides that the fish was fine.

I had no place to put him to eliminate the growths and he may have gotten worse in my reef so I didn't take him.
But I did get a large, very colorful anemone hermit crab and a leather coral.

Leathers live and grow very well in my tank and now that I have enormous growths of sponge, I can't really put many hard corals because when I cut the sponge, like I did yesterday, the white toxins ooze out and kill any SPS almost instantly.

My many duncans don't seem to mind and even like the stuff as do my gorgonians and leathers so I will focus on those.

In the many years this tank has survived it has gone through many cycles and this is just one of them. It was all SPS, leathers, gorgonians, LPS and everything else. Now it's sponge cycle time which is fine. Just another interesting thing in my long life. :p

Probably the copperband had Lymphocytes a viral infection that will clear up.of it's own accord with good conditions and foods.
The growths can also be removed with a sharp scalpel and the area dabedcwith a little iodine.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fishmonhey. I don't know who he is but I will talk to anyone.

I just did one with Humblefish on YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back