Tank birthday, 47+ years

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. Looks like some sort of English Car! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I want one of these but my new Jeep is in the garage and my other Jeep is in the driveway so I have no place to put this and we live next to the sea so it would rot if Ididn't keep it inside.

download.jpg
It certainly is an English car Paul. I think around 1800 only were built or sold as kit cars.
Not sure how many are on the road now.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember working on a friend's TR-6, we had to send the crank out to be welded and reground cause no one on the East coast or Midwest had one. After getting the motor rebuilt and running we noticed if you shifted into third a little to aggressive the headlights would go dark along with the dash and radio. Tore the car apart looking for a bad ground or lose wires. Don't think we ever found it. And come on positive grounding the electrical system...who does that...Lucas that's who! Makes getting a replacement sound system a challenge! I swore off British cars after that. Still love Lotus cars even today especially the Esprit Turbos.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Paul B have you considered doing an interview with @ReefBum ? i would love to see that.
Actually he is interviewing me in November. I just found out a few days ago. :)

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, my tank was tested by them a couple of years ago. The results are on here someplace. Probably on this thread.

Yes, it's on post 4,986 of this thread.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow I have to go to the dentist for a tooth implant. I think this is my 10th implant but I don't think my dentist is very good. My wife likes him but I am the one with all the dental work. He started this implant probably 6 months ago. Like how long does this take? All the rest of them I had dome in a couple of months but I think this guy is still going to implant school.

I saw him in Home Depot yesterday buying tiny toggle bolts......... :oops:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting Thursday and going through October our town Library is featuring my Steam Punk "artwork" in their display cases which I have to fill up. They are about 16' long and 9' high. :D

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting Thursday and going through October our town Library is featuring my Steam Punk "artwork" in their display cases which I have to fill up. They are about 16' long and 9' high. :D

That looks like a beautiful design!
Steampunk is one thing I love when it comes to things like art because you can just get so creative with it.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you "I Can't Think".

The grinder of tools into money is memorable.

@Paul B
I am sending family from Patchogue to the Riverhead library. Also, the Italian restaurant you recommended is already a favorite for many years of the Roeloffs family.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subsea. That was a very nice visit we had. I enjoyed it and hope you did also. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

That leather coral I bought with you is happy and healthy and I never tell my animals that I didn't quarantine or dip them. :astonished-face:

What do you think of the North Fork of Long Island?

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came back from today's morning walk/run. I actually don't run, it's more of a Geezer jog but at my age no one goes very fast. :anguished-face:

This is the farthest I have jogged since basic training over 50 years ago. Near the end of my 2 mile "run", I felt something exhilarating......I figured it was that runners "high" athletes speak about when they run for many miles. As I thought about it I realized it must have been that Harvey Wallbanger I drank before bed last night and think I may have just had a little gas. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back