Tank birthday, 47+ years

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
My Daughter took this picture on her deck in Manhattan. I think this creature is 7 feet tall. 😳

Preying Mantis.jpg
They get big there from eating all those pizza stealing rats.
 
Each plate would be about 50 GPH . With 2 feet of water pressure on the plates, Will that work ?
100 GPH would be better. 55 is almost nothing.
 
There should be lots of new things to find on the beach after that storm Paul! Hopefully the stairs are still intact. I hope Dale is feeling better this week, and continues to be free from that nerve pain.
 
Jsmkavity, thank you. Dale is OK today but still in pain. Pain is something that goes along with MS as her nerves are deteriorating, and there is nothing they can do for it.

She is, thank God not in that severe pain from trigeminal neuralgia.

The beach stairs are now roped off because so much sand on the beach washed away that there is 2' of space under the bottom step so nothing supporting the stairs.

For the winter, I will just walk on the street.
 
I have been having trouble walking every morning because my ankle has been hurting so I have been cutting my walks a little shorter and I have been walking on a street instead of a rocky beach, so this morning I went to a foot/bone Dr. I figured I had a hairline crack, ankle ich or a bit of that Brooklyn disease.

He took an X Ray and gave me the results. He said I see you broke your leg skiing a long time ago. I said, I did and it was a spiral break that started at the ankle and spiraled around to my knee. It was in the 70s.

He said he could tell it was a long time ago because ski boots are made differently now, so it isn't easy to break your ankle now, as the boots are higher. He said: today they wouldn't fix the leg like that. Today they would have operated on it and added screws because the broken bones didn't heal well, and they left a large space between the bones, which filled in with new bone, but now my leg is all filled with arthritis. 🤢

He was very surprised that at my age, I could walk at all and told me that if I didn't have a heavy construction job, and didn't walk every day, I wouldn't be able to walk at all. He said that this should have given me problems 40 years ago. But I told him that I am a real Man and not a sissy, girly man so I can do anything. OK, I didn't really tell him that but I wanted to.

He is in my medical group and said that, looking at my last stress test, physical and pulmonologist report, I am in excellent shape and may live to 100. 😁

Except for that arthritis thing which I am filled with after my 39 surgeries, all for Manly things. 😁

I could get my ankle fixed a couple of ways. I can get a replacement ankle, but I said I already have too much metal in my body and I am afraid to walk past a magnet. 😬

I can get my ankle fused, where I would walk like Uncle Festus. But I also don't like that idea because it would screw up my ballroom dancing. Or I could try cortisone shots. Cortisone it is. 😎
 
I also have a little Arthur in my fingers ankles and right knee. Not as bad as you have Paul but you can put it down to working on site and using a 24oz claw hammer ....with the Arthur in my fingers at least. My ankle due to going over on it walking up a mountain and due to stepping on a loose rock going over on It. The knee probably by being on it so much on site. Playing football, your soccer also contributing to my ankle and knee issues.

I am waiting on another opperation that they say is urgent but I still have to wait till around February next year 😔 There is no fun getting old mate. My wife has short term memory loss problem but unfortunately she remembers me 😆

I feel for Dale with her pain it must drive her nuts at times or all the time. Very difficult to live with and for you I imagine. It's a needs must situation when there is little they and you can do about it. Just having to get on with life the best you can. Still she has you a great support to her am sure.
 
I am waiting on another opperation that they say is urgent but I still have to wait till around February next year
Atoll, my friend, yes getting old isn't good for old people. 🥺 I have had every finger operated on, all for trigger finger but I guess those surgeries don't have a lifetime guarantee so they don't last too long. We are just living much too long. As for waiting, we here don't have to wait long for surgeries, I could probably get it done next week but I am not going for surgery. I will get some cortisone shots next week. Maybe I could take a bath in the stuff. 😆

They got tired of operating on my shoulders and knees so they just replaced them. 😎
 
Atoll, my friend, yes getting old isn't good for old people. 🥺 I have had every finger operated on, all for trigger finger but I guess those surgeries don't have a lifetime guarantee so they don't last too long. We are just living much too long. As for waiting, we here don't have to wait long for surgeries, I could probably get it done next week but I am not going for surgery. I will get some cortisone shots next week. Maybe I could take a bath in the stuff. 😆

They got tired of operating on my shoulders and knees so they just replaced them. 😎
Am lucky I was first given a date of 2years 2months to wait for my op. Luckily my doctor wasn't having it and wrote to the Urology department expressing his concerns. My doctor told me to write and explain my situation to them which I did. With that they upgrade me to urgent. You would think urgent woukd be quicker than 12 months. Thats they way it is here in the UK unless you have very deep pockets.
 
Atoll that is weird. After the World Cup here we have these videos all over YouTube about what Brits think of the US. I'm not sure if you can see this video but there are dozens of them.
It seems Brits are amazed at a common thing like air conditioning. There is no place here except maybe a shack that doesn't have air conditioning and If I owned the thing, it would be air conditioned. 😎

You could move here and get your surgery, fast. I may get my next one just for the anesthesia. 😆

 
Yep I have just watched it.
America still believes in America. You fly the stars and stripes. Proud of your country and believe in the American dream, the American way.

Here in the UK we have a government thats trying to destroy our country. They allow anybody to jump in a rubber dingy aided by the French to come here for our benefits. Say anything against it you are labled a racist and a fascist.

You have to remember the UK would fit in the corner of Texas. We are a small country and struggling with what successive governments have done and continue to do to the country.

As pensioners we are under attack financially from the current government because we are an easy target for them. Our energy costs are the highest in Europe our state pension the lowest. If you have a private pension to top it up they tax the hell out of you on it. Many get more money in benefits than if they worked.

People are struggling while our government send billions of pounds to other countries. We spend billions on immigrants benefits etc. Our health service is on its knees. I could go on but you get the picture. I shall say no more.
 
I also have a little Arthur in my fingers ankles and right knee. Not as bad as you have Paul but you can put it down to working on site and using a 24oz claw hammer ....with the Arthur in my fingers at least. My ankle due to going over on it walking up a mountain and due to stepping on a loose rock going over on It. The knee probably by being on it so much on site. Playing football, your soccer also contributing to my ankle and knee issues.

I am waiting on another opperation that they say is urgent but I still have to wait till around February next year 😔 There is no fun getting old mate. My wife has short term memory loss problem but unfortunately she remembers me 😆

I feel for Dale with her pain it must drive her nuts at times or all the time. Very difficult to live with and for you I imagine. It's a needs must situation when there is little they and you can do about it. Just having to get on with life the best you can. Still she has you a great support to her am sure.
what the heck
 
what the heck
It's called getting old, I am almost as old as Paul in a few months 77. So far we aren't able to stop the aging process. Our friends are going one by one. Might sound depressing but it isn't, just difficult at times.
 

People are struggling while our government send billions of pounds to other countries. We spend billions on immigrants benefits etc. Our health service is on its knees. I could go on but you get the picture. I shall say no more.
Thats probably the reason we threw you guys out 250 years ago. 😆

Many people here still complain. Gas prices, health costs etc. But that is because they never traveled to other parts of the world to see how they live.

I feel this is the greatest country in the world and I show it by flying an American Flag over my house every day as many Patriots do. I don't complain about those things because I have been other places and know better. 😎

Here we are placing flags on all the graves of all the Veterans buried here in the largest Veteran cemetery in the US. We do it every year.



And Christmas time, we place wreaths.


Even my fish tank is Patriotic. 😆 🇺🇸

 
Put the union jack or the flag of St.George ( the English flag) up here and in certain parts of the UK you can be instructed to remove it. Some councils remove them from lampposts

They say they are a danger distracting motorists yet don't mind advertising at the side of the road. You can be called racist, far right a fascist for flying the flag of our country usually by left wing councils.

This is an indication of what our country has and continues to become. Imagine that in America. 😠
Polish_20261001_113310338.jpg
Polish_20261001_113231043.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new