Tank birthday, 47+ years

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
After reading only a few of your posts I've laughed out loud 3 times

Only 3 times! You and MrDJeep only laughed 3 times, I need to up my game. I am also not here to make you laugh as there is no humor in this serious hobby. We should all just sit around and ponder our problems and woes.
No time for laughing as this is very important and I am sure that one of us will one day cure cancer or the heartbreak of psoriasis just by removing bio balls or adding a cleaner shrimp to cure ich, or a snail to eliminate an entire tank full of hair algae because we all know that stuff works. :faint:
 
Only 3 times! You and MrDJeep only laughed 3 times, I need to up my game. I am also not here to make you laugh as there is no humor in this serious hobby. We should all just sit around and ponder our problems and woes.
No time for laughing as this is very important and I am sure that one of us will one day cure cancer or the heartbreak of psoriasis just by removing bio balls or adding a cleaner shrimp to cure ich, or a snail to eliminate an entire tank full of hair algae because we all know that stuff works. :faint:


:snicker:
 
OMG my Ozonizer croaked. This is about the third or fourth one I have had. I have parts from other ones but it is not the electronics but the reaction chamber. I will try to build another one but they make those very delicate and I am not sure if I can make one. If not, I will have to get a used one from someone. So now I need a new light and ozonizer. I really need a lot of time to build this stuff and this is not a good time of the year for this stuff to break. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHYYYYYY
 
But you are retired Paul. You should all tag time in the world. [emoji12]
 
Since I retired I have much less time. I may have to go back to work so I can take a day off. I get up at 5;30 and stay up until 10;00 and there are never enough hours in the day. I just love to do things and I do to many of them. We just got back from going to the Bronx to dinner with friends by boat. When we got back to the marina the band was going. It's mostly fun, but it is still busy fun.
 
Hm...I wonder if you could employ cleaner shrip treatments to cure psoriasis? XD
 
I rebuilt that LED fixture almost as good as new. I had to change 8 LEDs that were either dim or out completely.
Today I collected 15 gallons of NSW and after it warms up I will dump that in. I like to diatom filter it when it looks a little cloudy like this looks because it has a lot of particles and bacteria in it but I don't have any diatom powder so I just filtered it through a coffee filter which is no where near as good, but the fish will get over it. I think my bluestripes will spawn soon.
 
Choosing my clean up crew and the cove I collected them in



 
I fixed my ozonizer. I probably should not have tested it by putting the outlet hose in my nose but it is fixed. An instant headache proves that it works and the fact that I almost had to call the EMS with the paddles proves that it works great.
Yesterday I fed my fish and I heard a big splash. My banana fish jumped into the algae trough, then back into the tank, then out of the tank on to my foot then on the floor. Then as I was trying to catch him he went left, I went left, he went right, I went right. I didn't have any music playing but I would swear he was doing the macarana. I finally caught him and threw him back in the tank. Now he is sitting there with a big smirk on his face and is eating like a pic as if this happens to him every day. He thinks he is a big shot now.


 
This is the first time in decades that I don't have a Hippo Tang in my tank. I also don't have any percula clownfish. I just don't like percula's and have had to many of them. Besides my fireclown would chase it out of the tank. I do like hippo tangs but after a few years in my tank they always get HLLE and look like dirt. They live forever but always get that after 5 or 6 years. I gave up carbon a few years ago and that is one out of a hundred theories about what is the cause of HLLE so maybe the next time I go to a LFS I will get one. I now see loads of them as large as a guarter or smaller and I like to get fish as babies. I think hippo's, copperbands and moorish Idols are the three nicest looking fish there is. Lately I have been in a pipefish mode and have a few of those, Also for the last 15 years or so I have been going for more interesting, smaller fish. I don't particularly like tangs or angels (except for hippo's) If I see a shrimpfish, clingfish, lanternfish, or pinecone fish I have to have it but you rarely see those.



 
Today I went to my favorite LFS to see if they got in a female dragon faced pipefish but no luck yet. I want to spawn mine and he looks depressed. On sunday they are supposed to get in 4 corythoichtys which are very cool but have a weird name. They are pipefish that look similar to dragon face pipefish so if they get in a pair, I will get them. You need to buy pipefish right out of the shippers bags because if they go into the store's tank for a day, forget about it as stores never feed them. You need to hatch brine shrimp for that and in a store that ain't gonna happen. I think my blue stripes will breed soon and they are always my favorite. There was a pair of those at the LFS today but I can't put in 2 pairs as the males fight. The females just gossip and talk about stretch marks and cellulite.

 
No new pipefish, they didn't come in so I only have 3 pipes in my tank but I want more. Many more. There are probably 8 LFSs with in 5 miles from my house, and no one has pipefish. :frusty:
 
I love my pipefish! your thread is actually what got me interested in keeping the dragon-faced - of course I was also drawn to the thread since I am a supermodel and you mention us a lot lol
 
No new pipefish, they didn't come in so I only have 3 pipes in my tank but I want more. Many more. There are probably 8 LFSs with in 5 miles from my house, and no one has pipefish. :frusty:

8! I'd hit myself having that many near me. :yell:
There are 2 really less than stellar LFS within 45 mins. I only go to them for dry goods, but I'd rather not. Sometimes I need what I need when I need it. Then the other 3 are 2 hours away. Those 3 are pretty great. But, it's a 4 hour round trip. I don't get to go to those maybe 4-5 times a year. :(
 
Fishroomlady, I know you are a Supermodel and a post from you in the morning makes my day.

MrDJeep, or MrsDJeep which ever you are, I live in New York, we have like fifty million people here and most of them own LFSs so we have a lot of fish. There are some good large ones and one I started on salt water in 1972 is still open. They import their own fish so always have a huge variety of un usual stuff that you never see. They are 6 miles from me but my Mother N Law is in a nursing home next door so I get there a lot. Most of the rest of them get their livestock from 2 different suppliers so the stuff is about the same. I don't want to see clowns, tangs and angels, I want unusual stuff like wierd pipes or clingfish. If there is a Supermodel in the store, it makes it more interesting. I know Supermodels because I helped build Playboy Magazine, Penthouse Magazine and I worked a few Victoria Secret photo shoots which I would have worked for free. But they insisted on paying me. :der:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new