tank broken during shipping

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sqcube4me

View Badges
Reaction score
i would think once the claim is in .. marine depot will take care of you and reship you another tank .. they have one of the best costumer services around n back everything they sell .. would like to hear how the end comes out ..

OP
OP
O

ontop27

View Badges
Reaction score
We were extremely disheartened to learn your tank was damaged during shipment, but are certainly relieved we were able to work with you and the shipping courier toward a suitable resolution. Congrats on your new home, btw. What are your plans for the tank beyond the AI Hydra?

I'm not sure yet. I am a huge zoa fan so it might be a mostly zoa tank with a few Lps and sps spread out. I may want to try that ceramic rock structure as well. I fell in love with the picture that you guys posted a while back of the rock that looks like a tree with the torches attached

OP
OP
O

ontop27

View Badges
Reaction score
This

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386875218855.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386875218855.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 282

Gazog2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
UPS .. once it leaves marine depot its out of there hands ..

Not always true, some companies have deals with UPS, Fedex that when there is damages they take care of it and then UPS will deal with them. Always call the shipper first, tell them what going on and let them tell you what to do. But always photograph and document it right after delivery.

lmccluer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Marine Depot is the best when straightening out problems. Their theory is you ordered it, paid for it, shipper damaged it, we take care of you first, then they can take care of us. Thanks MD for stepping up, just like you always have!!!!! Good luck with your new tank, we all expect some build pics when you get started!!!!!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
That's why I don't have tanks shipped- The risk is great. Glad you got quik resolvement

jokerman826

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
UPS is definitely at fault for this. Marine Depot did good and got a new one out to you right away, i know the claim process is nowhere near done.

inurocker

View Badges
Reaction score
Good to know there customer service is aces. After watching a USP driver throw out the back of his truck a case of florescent bulbs with with glass, fragile, handle with care in bold red and white letters all over it. I have never shipped anything more fragile than an anvil with them.

Tylermacdonald15

View Badges
Reaction score
I watched a the UPS guy toss my chiller out of the truck, he was frustrated because the box was heavy. It was broken :(
Still waiting on the replacement

shse666

View Badges
Reaction score
Marine Depot rocks. They have always fixed any issue I've had almost as fast as I realized something needed fixing.
UPS, now THAT is a much different story. Want to see their "handy work"?
Smashed Skimmer - Imgur
Look what they did to my skimmer. Nothing but trouble from them right at the start. They kicked, fought, delayed, complicated, delayed some more, denied, and delayed again. Terrible.

Last edited:

ReeferMan420

View Badges
Reaction score
That's why I do like Marine Deopt. They take care of stuff if it breaks but bummer on the broken tank!

TheSaint216

View Badges
Reaction score
Dont be surprised if your next tank arrives Broken also. I just went thru this a month ago with 2 innovative marine tanks. I had to end up buying locally because I couldnt wait for a tank any longer since I was also moving. It ended up costing me alot of coral because this was around the time of the bad snow storms and power outages in the midwest. If I had gotten my tank in one piece the first time I wouldnt have lost so much because my old tank would of already been transfered.

OP
OP
O

ontop27

View Badges
Reaction score
Fingers crossed it doesn't. But as long as MD has them to send I'm fine. Settlement isn't until January 8th. And we are going to wait until February to move in so we can add our finishing touches without living in a construction zone. Then I have to build a stand. So I'm a good 2 plus months out anyway.

GHill762

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
yeah MD has some of the best customer service in the industry. their shipping confirmation email isn't bad either :D

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 115 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back