Good morning all,

I am looking for some advice as we stock our 34g tank. We currently have:

2 - Darwin Clowns
2 - Orchid Dottybacks
1 - Stripped Blenny
1 - Red Skunk cleaner shrimp
1 - Long spine urchin
CUC of snails and crabs

My 6 year old son is dying to find his fish. He wanted a valentia puffer, which I was planning for but my wife wanted a captive-bred or very sustainable aquarium. This is what let us to the stocking you see above.

We have some soft corals and will only continue to add beginner corals as we sharpen our skills. Our plan is to upgrade to a larger tank next year.

if anyone can harness their inner six year old and suggest something that meet my wives checklist as well as an attempt at compatibility for our last addition in our current set up, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you all.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm... how about a captive bred Bangai Cardinal? Your setup should be just large enough, they certainly are unique looking. I have had luck with 2 of them over the years and am actually considering another one for my 90 g...

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORA captive bred pygmy white spot filefish, and radial filefish, are alternatives to the puffer, and are in the same order of fish, and have similair morphology only difference is the puffing up part. Only problem is they may eat corals, but i cannot say as ive never kept them.

Bossman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORA captive bred pygmy white spot filefish, and radial filefish, are alternatives to the puffer, and are in the same order of fish, and have similair morphology only difference is the puffing up part. Only problem is they may eat corals, but i cannot say as ive never kept them.

I like the filefish suggestion! I have a pair of dwarf white spot filefish. Very cool! And they are in a tank with a valentini puffer. These fish are very similar in behavior, different and fun to watch.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back