Tank Crash

w2inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing is absolute. I have had something like that happen for no reason I can think of. Usually I can trace it back to some kind of nutrient over load.

However, all kinds of bacteria can form biofilms. Some bacteria live off of others. End game in my experience is that it always goes away.

w2inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I posted, but I dont see it.

It could be all kinds of things. All kinds of bacteria can form biofilms. Some bacteria can feed off of other bacteria.

Could be all kinds of thing. In my experience with it, it will be gone in a few weeks. I see it randomly every three months or so. Like I mentioned. Some times attached to a snail or something, but sometimes just stringy slime.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If you suspect soap....Carbon and water changes will be essential .

OP
OP
Pumper

Pumper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cleaned everything in tank. Trashed the sand. Put new live sand in it. Threw in 50# if LR from my other tank. Put a CPL damsels in there. Some nedia from my other tank as well. It already cycled. Going to move my fish back in slowly from the QT tank. Thanks for the help everyone.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I cleaned everything in tank. Trashed the sand. Put new live sand in it. Threw in 50# if LR from my other tank. Put a CPL damsels in there. Some nedia from my other tank as well. It already cycled. Going to move my fish back in slowly from the QT tank. Thanks for the help everyone.

Do go slowly. As you know, things can change overnight.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of surprised how many people recommended running fresh water and starting over. Seems like you already have a plan of attack. I would have recommended running it fallow with carbon for a few weeks and see what happens. If it was a bacterial bloom or cleaning agent it can be completely resolved with time, carbon, and water changes

The very first time I cleaned my ATS screen I used the floor of the shower. Didn't think of residual shampoo. Everything in the tank retracted for two months but fish were fine. Skimmer went crazy. Two months later everything was back on track.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back