Tank crashed during extended move, now what?

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best lesson is the one self taught .

I for one know I’ll never believe old myths of using old sand is beneficial and will not instantly cycle a new system
I agree with this thought a bunch. I did use my previous sand but I tossed 35lbs of the total 40 and left just enough to cover the bottom. It was rinsed a few times in saltwater.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree to disagree .
I see the purpose of many build threads is to document both the good and bad .
learning curve along with memories what happened as it matures
But the end decision is on the op whether to start new or continue

either way …
Happy reefing .
quitting is barely a option
We always return lol
I don't think I'm in disagreement. I simply put forth some things that might help the OP decide whether to start a new build thread or carry on with the current thread. I totally agree the good and bad should be documented. I reread what I wrote and I don't think I say otherwise. :)

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think I'm in disagreement. I simply put forth some things that might help the OP decide whether to start a new build thread or carry on with the current thread. I totally agree the good and bad should be documented. I reread what I wrote and I don't think I say otherwise. :)
I wasn’t suggesting you’re wrong at all .It was only my opinion and perspective towards the purpose of a build thread .
either way . As I mentioned above . Im
Sure I’ll read or
Follow the progress

OP
OP
design.maddie

design.maddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn’t suggesting you’re wrong at all .It was only my opinion and perspective towards the purpose of a build thread .
either way . As I mentioned above . Im
Sure I’ll read or
Follow the progress
I was talking over with the wife about what everyone is saying. We are at a toss up still as to keep the current thread going on the 200XL or move on. We both are leaning slightly towards the continuation of the thread but not by much. Current plans are to keep up with the documentation and after a month write up a story about it. If it fits in with the current build thread I will just add it and keep going. It the story turns out to eb something that symbolizes a fresh look at the tank I may just start the thread.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 114 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back