Tank upgrade (possibility)

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2010
Messages
4,699
Reaction score
1,035
Location
North Kingstown, RI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found an awesome cube on craigslist (36"x36"x21" tall) which is about 120 gallons. Would 2 mp40's do the trick, and how about 2 18"x8.5" led fixtures with 36 leds each? I may add vho supplements.
 
Yes and Yes!

That is almost the exact dimension of my tank.
 
I think one MP40 would be great on a cube, my tank is 36x20x18 and @1/3rd of the power it at the point of making sandstorms. I would suggest T5HO for supplements, they are less bulky and save on power.
 
I think one MP40 would be great on a cube, my tank is 36x20x18 and @1/3rd of the power it at the point of making sandstorms. I would suggest T5HO for supplements, they are less bulky and save on power.

I think that the current owner has vhos, I will retrofit t-5's in that case.
 
I talked to the guy over the phone, corner overflow, 2" drain, (unsure about the return size) euro style rim, huge canopy, and stand, pine according to the owner. He wants $450 for the tank with stand and canopy, so I'm going to take it. (after some haggling) I will start a build thread soon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new