!! "Tanked" .. I CANT even watch it !!

specialk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The show Tanked ... good lord! I have been in NYC for business and living out of a hotel now for about a month ... and while I miss my 145 reef back at home, TV and Internet is all I have at night to relax and any way I can get my saltwater addiction satisfied I will take it. So while it is good seeing saltwater fish on the tube .. I CANT EVEN WATCH THIS SHOW. MY GOD from the awful acting, terrible plugs and did I mention TERRIBLE acting and reading from a script and cue cards ... it is unwatchable IMO. Not to mention the obvious lack of corals and live goodies and a false sense of the hobby ... ( I mean could go on about all the other things as well)

Like I said .. it is a show and I know it is made for TV... BUT SWEET MARIA it is some BAD staging and scripts. Ugggghhhh -- IMO

OP
OP
specialk

specialk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you looked into Mr. Saltwater Tank TV? It's an enjoyable informational web show.
I have. Really like I actually. Wish it was on network tv so I can "flip" while falling asleep.

I wonder what Mr. Saltwater would say about a 4+ inch Achilles tang in about a 4-5 foot circular wide tank ... that thing has to be losing his mind. In the show the thing was doing 30 mph laps around the tank ... what a dis-service to that fish. Morons.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said .. it is a show and I know it is made for TV... BUT SWEET MARIA it is some BAD staging and scripts. Ugggghhhh -- IMO

I 100% agree......I cannot believe how bad the "acting" is. I know most reality shows are scripted but most of them at least try to appear real. The worst is when Wade and the other dude sit in front of the camera and exchange one liners....I cringe. I watch the entire show for the 30 seconds that they spend at the fish store looking at fish lol.

OP
OP
specialk

specialk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The worst is when Wade and the other dude sit in front of the camera and exchange one liners....I cringe
TOTALLY AGREE. Like one guy reads the Q-card, makes a funny or puzzled face (whatever is needed based on the one liner), pauses, then looks at the other one to take the cue, read their q-card and say what they are supposed to say. It's just terrible. I never thought anything involved with the saltwater could even be un-enjoyable ... but they are really testing that statement.

Dashiki

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watch it with my wife and it really is the worst acting on TV.

The stupid stage screw ups and issues.

"Ok turn on the water....(tanks half full)...what do you mean that's all the water we have!?!!?"

They were filling a tank in Las Vegas near their shop do they really want me to believe that they don't have water available to them from their shop?!

They insult my intelligence at least once a show

Dashiki

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also with all of the complaining about the husbandry and such. I don't think enough complaining has been done about the skateboard ramp tank.

They must lose fish just from the stress of the skateboard riding around the acrylic

philr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am confused.... There is no acting! They are just regular people - they call it reality TV. My only complaint is that they seem to oversimplify the hobby, and leave out all the background work on how long it takes to set up a tank. However as noted here they set up --fish only-- tanks. They will talk of live sand and real sea water and do mention bacteria and cycle, but they don't set up complex reef tanks. It is simple basic entertainment. That's really about all.

OP
OP
specialk

specialk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also with all of the complaining about the husbandry and such. I don't think enough complaining has been done about the skateboard ramp tank.

They must lose fish just from the stress of the skateboard riding around the acrylic
hahaha no doubt. Fish have to be freaking out!

OP
OP
specialk

specialk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am confused.... There is no acting! They are just regular people - they call it reality TV. My only complaint is that they seem to oversimplify the hobby, and leave out all the background work on how long it takes to set up a tank. However as noted here they set up --fish only-- tanks. They will talk of live sand and real sea water and do mention bacteria and cycle, but they don't set up complex reef tanks. It is simple basic entertainment. That's really about all.
Phil ... phil ....phil. With all do respect my man, if you THINK that those responses and lines the do are "natural speaking" sentences ... I don't even know what to say to that. (this is what we are referring to .. I/we agree it SHOULD be natural REALITY tv ... BUT it is not. It is all set up staged and you can clearly tell and watch their eyes as they read from script cards. It WAAAAAAAY obvious. AND .. NO they do not ONLY set up fish only tanks. Is the show primarily made up of that .. YES. BUT they have in seasons past set up plenty of live system tanks with live rock and all.

TheSaint216

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's made for Tv. If it got to Technical no one would watch it, meaning the masses. This is the same Network that brought you Mermaids The body found.

OP
OP
specialk

specialk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's made for Tv. If it got to Technical no one would watch it, meaning the masses. This is the same Network that brought you Mermaids The body found.
Wait that Mermaid was real ... right? lol. And I know it is made for TV .. I get it all. My point that I was making and that the others were talking bout as well.. is simply that they are not very good at making it SEEM natural and like those "lines" are things they really want to/ or are saying. I get that it is made for tv ... but you can clearly tell that it is "MADE" for TV. Again, bad acting and script reading was simply my point. .. do a web search the show gets lots and lots of press for the bad "acting/scripts" (On top of the absurdness of putting an Achilles tang in a 4 foot wide tank :(

Last edited:

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heather; the only redeeming aspect.:angel:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%

Back