Target feeding tool recommendations

JAC-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a fan of the Kent "Sea Squirt" I use it for my corals though, they aren't scared of me waving a wand in their face.

You may need something with a bit more stealth for fish.

Bradley2448

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any turkey baster or the above named product is your best bet, most fish seem to become accustomed to something like that, especially once they realize that's where the food comes from. Just move slow and keep attempting I am confident you will have similar success. Mine is also 30" luckily my LFS sells a 24" baster

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any turkey baster or the above named product is your best bet, most fish seem to become accustomed to something like that, especially once they realize that's where the food comes from. Just move slow and keep attempting I am confident you will have similar success. Mine is also 30" luckily my LFS sells a 24" baster
I use a turkey baster but it's too short. I'm looking for something longer like the 24" one. The mandarin is already eating mysis I just Wan tto target feed him a few times/day and try not to increase nitrates too much.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the cheap coral feeders from Amazon with the tip removed for spot feeding my corals and goby. It's perfect for bulkier foods; I found turkey basters are just too big for my nano builds.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ice Cap makes a 27" coral feeder for $20 on Amazon

I bought a cheap rubber bulb/ear syringe, cut off the tip and inserted a long piece of rigid plastic tubing for mine.

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 18.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 103 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back