Tek Light Fixture

  • Thread starter Thread starter EVReef3
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EVReef3

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
122
Reaction score
1
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a canopy with 6x54w t5's mounted on it. I was thinking about getting the tek 8x54w t5's because i found a good deal on them.

How good are these lights? Anyone has experience with them?
I have a 4ft 90 gallon tank so i should be able to keep mostly any sps coral correct?
the dimensions of the tank is 48x18x24.

any pictures of tanks with tek lights? want to see coral growth


 
my display is a tek, my roomate has a 4 bulb tek over his 100, and there's a tek on our frag tank. Big fans of these lights, pretty much the upper echelon of T5's in terms of output.

And yea, a 4 bulb is running SPS throughout the tank in an 5 foot 100, so I'd actually caution you with an 8 bulber. You'll need to be careful not to bleach some stuff in the upper heights of the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new