temp?

cwb_reeftank

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
578
Reaction score
64
Location
Tampa, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I have been watching my tank temperature for the past week and I notice that if my metal halides are not on it goes around 79 degrees and at night 76 degrees but with them on they stay around 81.5 degrees during the day and back down to 76 at night. I want to keep my tank a sps dominant tank and I feel like that is a big swing in temp. I also have my lights on a timer now with the t5s on for 12hour and my metal halides on for 3hours. (the metal halides are also on with the t5s during the 3 hours that they on)
 
Kind of a big swing in my opinion, what's your heater temp. set at? Why not just set it at 78/79 deg.? That would lessen the swing and keep the temp. more stable.
 
I would echo the notion of setting the heaters at 78 degrees. You could also put in a fan or two that would trip on at 79 degrees or when your halides were on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new