Tenecor® Magnum™ Aluminum Stand Build - An Explainer

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following up on comments from another thread, here are pics of a Tenecor® Magnum™ Aluminum Stand just off the production line. I have added copious pics showing details of the connectors, feet and decking.

MAGNUM 06.jpeg

The precut pieces. The connectors shown are "inside connectors". The profile(s) are 45/45 and 45/90.

MAGNUM 04.jpeg

The deck layout. Again, note the connectors.

MAGNUM 05.jpeg

The assembled deck. Note this is the 45/90 profile.

MAGNUM 03.jpeg

Assembled front view. Note the gusset connectors attaching the legs to the deck. Note how the deck sits on top of the legs.

Front view

MAGNUM 14.jpeg

Another front view

MAGNUM 01.jpeg

Top view with deck and shelf. Material is 1/2 inch black PVC.

MAGNUM 10.jpeg

Stand with freshwater square corner tank. 150 Gallon 48x24x30. 1/2 inch clear cell cast. Custom holes.

MAGNUM 12.jpeg

Custom meshless one piece Lexan® lids with integrated feed hatches.

MAGNUM 11.jpeg

Front view

MAGNUM 07.jpeg

End cap detail.

MAGNUM 09.jpeg

Here is a good example of inside gussets and inside connectors Note there are only TWO inside connectors shown. They are the ones at the top most of the pic. Holding the 45/90's together. Using 45/90 instead of just 45/45 adds substantial rigidity. The stand will ship with FOUR but for dry fitting, only two are shown. All stands are dry fitted prior to shipping.

MAGNUM 08.jpeg

Our Sasquatch Leveling Feet. Extra large. Shown in the lowest position. Note the black mounting block.

Profiles.jpg

As I previously posted, not all profiles are the same. Above are three examples of 45/45 profile. All of them with significantly different load ratings. Take a guess at which one is the strongest and which is the lightest load. When buying profile, especially on sites like Ebay, ask for the cross section diagrams. Make sure what they post is what is sent.

Anyone with questions, please post. All the best.

Last edited:

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following up on comments from another thread, here are pics of a Tenecor® Magnum™ Aluminum Stand just off the production line. I have added copious pics showing details of the connectors, feet and decking.

MAGNUM 06.jpeg

The precut pieces. The connectors shown are "inside connectors". The profile(s) are 45/45 and 45/90.

MAGNUM 04.jpeg

The deck layout. Again, note the connectors.

MAGNUM 05.jpeg

The assembled deck. Note this is the 45/90 profile.

MAGNUM 03.jpeg

Assembled front view. Note the gusset connectors attaching the legs to the deck. Note how the deck sits on top of the legs.

Front view

MAGNUM 14.jpeg

Another front view

MAGNUM 01.jpeg

Top view with deck and shelf. Material is 1/2 inch black PVC.

MAGNUM 10.jpeg

Stand with freshwater square corner tank. 150 Gallon 48x24x30. 1/2 inch clear cell cast. Custom holes.

MAGNUM 12.jpeg

Custom meshless one piece Lexan® lids with integrated feed hatches.

MAGNUM 11.jpeg

Front view

MAGNUM 07.jpeg

End cap detail.

MAGNUM 09.jpeg

Here is a good example of inside gussets and inside connectors Note there are only TWO inside connectors shown. They are the ones at the top most of the pic. Holding the 45/90's together. Using 45/90 instead of just 45/45 adds substantial rigidity. The stand will ship with FOUR but for dry fitting, only two are shown. All stands are dry fitted prior to shipping.

MAGNUM 08.jpeg

Our Sasquatch Leveling Feet. Extra large. Shown in the lowest position. Note the black mounting block.

Profiles.jpg

As I previously posted, not all profiles are the same. Above are three examples of 45/45 profile. All of them with significantly different load ratings. Take a guess at which one is the strongest and which is the lightest load. When buying profile, especially on sites like Ebay, ask for the cross section diagrams. Make sure what they post is what is sent.

Anyone with questions, please post. All the best.
Do you do canopies as well?

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you do canopies as well?
Yes of course. We are in the process of introducing a line of designer skins. They will be completely removable and 100% waterproof. The canopies are on a custom basis right now. Everyone wants something different. Our team is busy on a new unrelated web site launch and will be working on the stands/canopies soon. You will also notice our prices are dropping. Our new equipment is arriving and our prices across our entire portfolio are going down, sometimes by a lot. We will have the lowest prices on these stands as well. Guaranteed.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Custom or set sizes on the Magnum stands?

Edit-Nevermind I'm on the website now and see the available options.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the non-diy option. prices generally are better than quotes I have gotten from t-slot design companies.
The prices shown are the old ones. They still are the lowest but with the new skins, they will be substantially lower than competitive options.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What material is the deck and shelf made from and I assume the deck is made to support an aquarium without needing another piece of plywood or topper of some sort?

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What material is the deck and shelf made from and I assume the deck is made to support an aquarium without needing another piece of plywood or topper of some sort?
The deck and shelf are 1/2" black PVC. The skins will be PVC as well with real wood and high pressure resin composites options as well. We still have some design issues to work out but are close to finalizing.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who is interested in T-slot stands but have no prior experience or expertise, this is pretty cool knowing I can get everything I need without knowing exactly what I need beforehand. I can't wait to see your skin options!

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look a really nice stand at a very reasonable price.
Thank you. The quality is excellent and we overengineer them. You can also get them exactly the way you want. Our production lead times continue to drop as we finally get our new equipment. Most stand orders ship in about one week at most. Our DIY kits usually ship same/next production day.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates on this? I am excited to see the skin options. I have been saying for years someone needs to do this. good quality stands are hard to come by.

FYI your request a quote on the web site is non functioning for me.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any updates on this? I am excited to see the skin options. I have been saying for years someone needs to do this. good quality stands are hard to come by.

FYI your request a quote on the web site is non functioning for me.
I think that was an issue with shopify hosting. Please let me know if it is still a problem. I see a PM from you. Let's take a look.

Colt13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how will you attach the skin to the stand? i have a t slot stand i am skinning and have a method but am curious what youve come up with. and can i purchase skinning material from you?

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how will you attach the skin to the stand? i have a t slot stand i am skinning and have a method but am curious what youve come up with. and can i purchase skinning material from you?
Good question. This is what we are evaluating and trying different options. Our skin material(s) will be 100% waterproof. The standard skins will be PVC board in an assortment of colors. See color swatch below. The colors ticked in black will be the first ones offered along with the stock colors of black, white, gray. The stand deck and shelves are industrial grade PVC board. The Komatex colors below are a much higher grade finish.

For our designer line, the skins will be high pressure resin composite. With these, you are virtually unlimited in what you can do, even uploaded images of your favorite picture, logo or artwork. Our primary attachment method for all of them will be magnets attaching to angle brackets on the stand.

A word about our aluminum stand pricing. Right now, they are the lowest you will find. (if not, please let us know and we will not only price match but go lower, up to 20%) We will be lowering them even further when the skins are introduced. In other words, the skins will cost very little extra.

We are working on making the stand designs "future proof" in that the legacy designs will be compatible going forward. Yesterday we launched our newest business shown here. We are already getting orders. Many of the skins, bases and other materials will be used on those products as well. More stands, covered displays and wall systems will be introduced in the next few weeks. That is why we are spending extra time to figure out the little details when it comes to the materials.

January, 2023 will be the launch of our reptile and amphibian cages. Again, the same materials are going to be spec'd for these products. You can see that site here. It is in its early formative stages. Links don't work. Images are placeholders. Product copy is incorrect. But you get the idea. Lastly, you can purchase the skinning material of your choice from us. Cut to size acrylics will be found here.

Light mounts. These are available right now. But the images are not yet finished. They are universal mounts made from 30 mm profiles. Most are less than a hundred bucks with the most expensive eight footers coming in at around $240. You can attach these to existing wood stands or our Magnum™ stands.

Lids are another big product collection. Below is one we built this morning. It will be shipping tomorrow. Single piece meshless polycarbonate (Lexan® and equivalent brand TUFFAK®). Around 65% less than the meshed options form other companies. Lifetime warranty. 24 hour shipping. We have all the Aqueon sizes dialed in and we intend to offer lids for all the popular brands. We need the help of the R2R community to do this by working with us on the dimensions of the tanks not shown. I mention the lids because you asked about the canopies made from profile. On a custom basis (for now) we design aluminum canopies skinned with your choice of material and including the meshless lids. Lots of things on the stove. And the kitchen smells good. All the best.

komatex colors.jpg

LID 1.jpg

Feed hatch upper left. With separate lid. Cord cutouts along bottom edge. Overflow cutout.

LID 2.jpg

LID 3.jpg

Precision CNC machined

LID 4.jpg

Unbreakable

LID 5.jpg

Yep, Unbreakable.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like everything I'm reading here. Will you also offer custom services like PVC controller boards to fit your stands, or at least, custom cut PVC board for a DIY controller board?

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like everything I'm reading here. Will you also offer custom services like PVC controller boards to fit your stands, or at least, custom cut PVC board for a DIY controller board?
We need some guidance on this. Sketches. Images. Design criteria. I may be over thinking this. Then, of course we can do this.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back