Texas Holey Rock?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had never heard of the stuff. I find it interesting that this is the only post I could find using the brand name Caribsea with Texas Holey rock. I was more interested in geological information on the rock but the internet is useless for finding real information anymore.
It has gone from having the best set of encyclopedias in the world at your disposal to having a complete comic book and **** collection.
What you have is bottom sediment layed down during the Cretaceous period when most of N America was cover by a shallow sea. Its is full of shells of the creatures that were living at the time. The rock is not a coral reef formation. It is a limestone rock that has been eaten away by acidic rain water. This forms holes and pockets in the rock.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Texas Holey Rock is not porous. The rock from Gulf of Mexico live rock vendors was mined from limestone quarries in Florida. In 1991, Tampa Bay Saltwater & Gulf Live Rock deposited 20 million pounds of dense limestone on offshore leases in 30’ of water 30 miles west of Tampa Bay.

http://gulfliverock.com/premium-decorative-rock.html

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Texas Holey Rock is not porous. The rock from Gulf of Mexico live rock vendors was mined from limestone quarries. In 1991, Tampa Bay Saltwater & Gulf Live Rock deposited 20 million pounds of dense limestone on offshore leases is 30’ of water 30 miles west of Tampa Bay.

http://gulfliverock.com/premium-decorative-rock.html

Lynnds6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using Texas Holey Rock it for 30 years with no problem. Check the systems in my signature.
I'm considering using Texas Holey Rock for my 220 gal set up. Do you have a picture of yours? Does the Coraline algae and critters like it? Thank you for your help!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back