Thanks for the great packaging!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to thank you for the great job you guys do shipping your frozen food. I haven't had time to go to my not so local fish store to stock up on PE Mysis so I ordered a few boxes. It was delivered this morning at 8:30am. Unfortunately, my son ended up not being able to be home so it sat on my front porch until 4:30pm. We hit 96F today and I was expecting to open the box to find thawed shrimp mush. Instead, a cloud of super cooled humidity greeted me when I popped the lid. Everything was still frozen completely solid.
Just a great job on your part. I won't hesitate to order frozen foods from you in the future!

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to shift this thread of mine from a complement to a complaint, but I'm going to so I don't have to start a new thread. Of course, this isn't a complaint with @BRS themselves but hoping they can help.

Your guys packaging on my last order was great. What has quickly become obvious is that Piscine Energetics has changed their packaging. One of the main reasons I use the PE mysis for my morning feeding is that it is quick and easy to pop out 4 cubes to thaw while I get ready for work.

With my latest order (10/8/19) the plastic tray kept breaking when I tried popping the cubes out. I thought it may have been one defective package but the 2nd tray I've started using is doing the same thing. It may be a great product, but when the plastic pushes out with the cubes, it is very challenging to use. I'm only 8 cubes in to this 2nd pack and it's already in 4 pieces. Any chance you can reach out to them to see if they can go back to their old package supplier?

If not, I think I'll be giving the Hikari a try. I don't want to have to worry about adding plastic to my tank with each feeding.

Awesome Dennis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the piscine but I’ve been feeding a variety of different hikari flats with luck as the fish seem to slurp everything down.

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the same problem with various brands of frozen food. I've noticed that it only happens two frozen food that I keep in my deep freeze if I keep it in the freezer attached to my frigerator which isn't quite as cold they pop out normally. Another trick to pop them out when they are sticking like that is the hold your thumb on the plastic side of the cube for 5 to 10 seconds which will melt it a little bit and release it from the plastic so it doesn't break when you pop the cubes out.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to shift this thread of mine from a complement to a complaint, but I'm going to so I don't have to start a new thread. Of course, this isn't a complaint with @BRS themselves but hoping they can help.

Your guys packaging on my last order was great. What has quickly become obvious is that Piscine Energetics has changed their packaging. One of the main reasons I use the PE mysis for my morning feeding is that it is quick and easy to pop out 4 cubes to thaw while I get ready for work.

With my latest order (10/8/19) the plastic tray kept breaking when I tried popping the cubes out. I thought it may have been one defective package but the 2nd tray I've started using is doing the same thing. It may be a great product, but when the plastic pushes out with the cubes, it is very challenging to use. I'm only 8 cubes in to this 2nd pack and it's already in 4 pieces. Any chance you can reach out to them to see if they can go back to their old package supplier?

If not, I think I'll be giving the Hikari a try. I don't want to have to worry about adding plastic to my tank with each feeding.

That is definitely something we can share with PE. This is the first I've heard of this issue, but if they start seeing multiple reports of similar problems, I'm sure this will spur them to take a look at their packaging.

-Zack@BRS

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is definitely something we can share with PE. This is the first I've heard of this issue, but if they start seeing multiple reports of similar problems, I'm sure this will spur them to take a look at their packaging.

-Zack@BRS
I appreciate it. Been using PE Mysis for 3 years and this just started. Hopefully it is just a bad batch of packaging.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back