That Amazing Feeling when...

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...you buy a frag online and it shows up looking exactly like the picture.

No trick filters
No embellishments
No feeling of over paying

This is why when I found a vendor that has achieved and exceeded my expectations consistently, I rarely stray from the path.

There are a few vendors on R2R that meet this criteria though I only have experience with this one.

Thank you for my fourth battlebox! Best one yet!

@Battlecorals

Photos taken with no filters or edits. Galaxy S7 taken through a port hole

Superman table
Aquatic man table
Day-glo milli
PC rainbow
Arlan bomb (spelling?)
Conveyerbelt of Fleshdunce
Skinny Love
BC Jezebell
BC Inferno
BC White Rhino
cc20da9a66a0a3f8ee0a0dfccf811d0e.jpg
0e138883b14e92251a0edcb5fc997851.jpg
aefa0333bdf2e1a5bb287c7dfe6cf07a.jpg
cefb2a3d6f15569b3fd956675c6c7601.jpg
a089c0e5ab563f1cbee75aa1bd397344.jpg

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda funny the title and your name blended together when I read it as, the amazing feeling when... I have crabs. I guess I can’t say much in the sn choice haha. On topic though, I certainly love it when corals frags come off nice mother colonies too. But your right, the best part is when you recognize it when you pop the bag.
I also have noticed that fragging off of mother colonies that are 1.5 inch growing fragments has become a normal thing the past number of years. I have always viewed that as something not to do unless it’s for backup purposes. I see so many people doing it now it seems to have become common practice. Maybe it was just me that looked at it that way though, I guess I always thought stuff was much healthier and more tolerant when I get frags from actual mother colonies.

Dkeller_nc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda funny the title and your name blended together when I read it as, the amazing feeling when... I have crabs.

Ha! Same here - pretty close to a spit-coffee-on-keyboard moment.

Adam has contributed many blog posts/forum entries on the shenanigans associated with "hype sellers" on fleabay and forums. The original complaint was photoshopping, with which you can easily over-saturate colors to make the corals appear psychedelic. The hype sellers caught on, and used white balance effects in-camera and tuning of the blue spectrum over their tanks to produce the same result, allowing them to claim "no photoshopping". Adam contributed a post to R2R to show how this is done (and why it's dishonest).

You might also pick up on the fact that Adam doesn't think too much of comic-book names for corals either from some of the names that he's bestowed on his long-term livestock (I-eat-two-oranges-a-day comes to mind). He's correct, of course - goofy names for coral is another aspect of hype-selling, and up to about 2 years ago, his corals didn't have names. Unfortunately, however, I think he's been forced into it, which is where the under-stated sarcasm in some of his names comes from. ;)

OP
OP
ihavecrabs

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda funny the title and your name blended together when I read it as, the amazing feeling when... I have crabs. I guess I can’t say much in the sn choice haha. On topic though, I certainly love it when corals frags come off nice mother colonies too. But your right, the best part is when you recognize it when you pop the bag.
I also have noticed that fragging off of mother colonies that are 1.5 inch growing fragments has become a normal thing the past number of years. I have always viewed that as something not to do unless it’s for backup purposes. I see so many people doing it now it seems to have become common practice. Maybe it was just me that looked at it that way though, I guess I always thought stuff was much healthier and more tolerant when I get frags from actual mother colonies.
I'm literally crying with laughter on that comment about the title... non intentional but hilarious!

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a feeling it was going to be Battcorals after reading the title and the first sentence of the post. I've consistantly heard such positive things from their customers that I'm going to place an order with them in the near future. Thanks for sharing your experience.

OP
OP
ihavecrabs

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a feeling it was going to be Battcorals after reading the title and the first sentence of the post. I've consistantly heard such positive things from their customers that I'm going to place an order with them in the near future. Thanks for sharing your experience.
For sure.

If you do place an order, certainly do. Battlebox. He always gives way more than the list price. You can also tell him your preferences or provide a list of the corals you already have to avoid duplicates.

Adam is amazing to work with. Let us know when you pull the trigger and how it goes!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 202 70.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 54 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.8%
Back