OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just as you assume Inverts can’t have breakfast in bed nature proves you wrong…
This has to be the best thing I’ve seen all day (Aside from my clam slowly recovering).
92BC1C5D-15CA-45F9-B18C-528DEA05A861.jpeg

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What is the coral skeleton project? Curious. I'm working on one too.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the coral skeleton project? Curious. I'm working on one too.
I was using rubble and coral skeletons to try and form a fake model of a reef to show how different things affect a reef.
I figured it could also make a sweet mantle piece surrounded by a couple plants.

lelolai15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, what is your light set up?

I am trying to install my new AI prime 16hd and cannot find how to get it perfectly centered with the return pump and protein skimmer switch box in the way. Looking for ideas.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are we looking at exactly?
The Strawberry Conch :)
Hello, what is your light set up?

I am trying to install my new AI prime 16hd and cannot find how to get it perfectly centered with the return pump and protein skimmer switch box in the way. Looking for ideas.
On my max nano, I actually kept the light it came with however if I were to replace it I would try to latch the new light onto the part that the old light was on. I find that to be the best way to get a centred light.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bring great news on the Griessingeri!

He was out and scavenging tonight, I tried to get a photo of him in the perfect position however he decided to say no and dart off.

It’s been about 30 minutes since I wrote the top part and he’s still out and cruising :)
Finally got a decent photo of him, man this fish can give a scare haha.
86D9E6B8-29D0-4FA2-8C83-3AABE1CC9BBD.jpeg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course this happens, just as I think one fish has vanished it reappears however I then realise that one fish that again, usually always out, hasn’t been out in a while. That fish is the Hector’s Goby. And honestly, I couldn’t tell you when I last saw him - A lot had gotten in the way so I didn’t focus a ton on the tank however I did look at it every now and then.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the slimer doing?

5AC4A446-9A2D-4BF9-BE06-3A0FC9D382FA.jpeg
I knew I forgot to get a photo of something before I left. This guy is one of the best acros I have growing. Polyp extension has lowered but he has also been through a bit of stress this summer (I finally got ontop of the stressing factors though which is a plus side).
When I get back home which will probably be in a day or so I’ll update on the clam and coral :)

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s what we’ve all been waiting for!
The SPS Update :)
First off, the Stylo.
This has… I think I’ve lost it unfortunately, I will most likely try it in the 4’ tank and see if he recovers. I feel like the heat wiped the majority of it out as I didn’t catch it early on. Although, there is some polyp extension so there is Atleast some hope.
image.jpg

Bottle Brush Acropora.
This guy has bleached at the tips and gained some algae growth. The reason he’s bleached at the tips is due to my blenny knocking him off constantly and landing in the sand. I just have to wait either another 5 or so years for the blenny to pass on or wait till I find the right blenny to see if I can trade in the linear for (My eyes have been drawn to the Escenius pulcher).
image.jpg

Pink Milli/Acropora:
This guy has… Suffered a bit, I still have polyp extension however he has unfortunately bleached around the base with one area still covered in polyps. That red patch in the centre has polyp extension still so I hope he is recovering now.
image.jpg

The final Stick SPS!
We have one that has made it through the most, this guy has made it through and has some beautiful teal tips to him. I think he has grown though!
6DE231CA-D5D6-4A1A-91C6-F14C0ACA6FC7.jpeg

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s what we’ve all been waiting for!
The SPS Update :)
First off, the Stylo.
This has… I think I’ve lost it unfortunately, I will most likely try it in the 4’ tank and see if he recovers. I feel like the heat wiped the majority of it out as I didn’t catch it early on. Although, there is some polyp extension so there is Atleast some hope.
image.jpg

Bottle Brush Acropora.
This guy has bleached at the tips and gained some algae growth. The reason he’s bleached at the tips is due to my blenny knocking him off constantly and landing in the sand. I just have to wait either another 5 or so years for the blenny to pass on or wait till I find the right blenny to see if I can trade in the linear for (My eyes have been drawn to the Escenius pulcher).
image.jpg

Pink Milli/Acropora:
This guy has… Suffered a bit, I still have polyp extension however he has unfortunately bleached around the base with one area still covered in polyps. That red patch in the centre has polyp extension still so I hope he is recovering now.
image.jpg

The final Stick SPS!
We have one that has made it through the most, this guy has made it through and has some beautiful teal tips to him. I think he has grown though!
6DE231CA-D5D6-4A1A-91C6-F14C0ACA6FC7.jpeg
The last one is my favorite! :D

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did it again, I went to my further LFS to get coral. The blenny had his final warning. He will be moving tank (into the 4’ tank as I don’t plan for a TON of SPS to go into it). There is two Millis, one is a sunset, the other I have forgotten, then I also have a second Montipora spongoides as well as a Montipora digitata. All 4 pieces are stunning and I will get photos of them in acclimation!
image.jpg

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did it again, I went to my further LFS to get coral. The blenny had his final warning. He will be moving tank (into the 4’ tank as I don’t plan for a TON of SPS to go into it). There is two Millis, one is a sunset, the other I have forgotten, then I also have a second Montipora spongoides as well as a Montipora digitata. All 4 pieces are stunning and I will get photos of them in acclimation!
image.jpg
I also saw a beautifully sized tank so I may or may not get it depending on price. It’s the perfect height for viewing coral top down as well as side on.

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another tank!!! Don’t leave us in suspense, Tell us more about it.
I may upgrade the nano! I wish I got a photo but the options you could do with it are endless. It was 2.5 feet wide by I believe 18” by 18”.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back